“Great Safari with Vumbi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 Activities in Ukunda
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Taormina
“Great Safari with Vumbi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We have just got back from our holiday in Kenya, and without a doubt the highlight of the trip for us all was our 3 day Tsavo East and Tsavo West safari with Ali and Mohammed of Vumbi. They made us feel very welcome from the time we were picked up from our hotel on the first morning to the time we returned. Everything was very professionally organised and we learnt a lot about both the wildlife and Kenya over the three days. Doing a safari in an old Land Cruiser is just so much more comfortable and special than the minibuses most companies use.

The animal experience were numerous, but the ones that stick in our minds were coming across 7 lion cubs by the side of the road, and sipping champagne in the jeep as 4 lionesses walked by!!

The two lodges we stayed at (Manyatta Lodge and Rhino Bandas) were also up to a similar high standard and a good choice.

All in all, a great few days and we would recommend Vumbi to anyone who wants to have a memorable safari experience.

Visited July 2011

Aberdare, United Kingdom
“Great safari guide but beware of the lodge drink prices and the Masai village rip off”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

You cannot go wrong with Vumbi Jeep Safaris, the Antique Jeeps are abosolutely fantastic, ideal for the rough safari park roads. Ali is a brilliant guide, we saw all the Big Five and lots more. Beware of the prices for drinks at the lodges, expect to pay almost double what you pay at your Hotel for wine and beer. We were told prior to booking our safari that there was an optional visit to a Masai village for about 1000ksh, but when we got there we were asked to pay 2500ksh each, as I only had 3700ksh left after paying absorbitent prices for wine at the lodges, we negotiated and were allowed into the village for 3700ksh, but when we explained that we couldn't buy any of their "trinkets" because we had no money left, we were hurriedly escorted back to our vehicle.
Please don't be put off booking a safari with Vumbi Jeeps, just be aware of the extras.
Vumbi Jeeps are very reliable and excellent value for money. Enjoy your safari.

Kigali
“Real fun,great experiences, unforgettable memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

There are a few things I always have wanted to do in my life and one of them is to go on safari in a jeep and the other is to dive in the deep sea.I had a thrill of my life on both.When I came back to Kenya, I traveled down to Diani Beach and was connected to Ali of Vumbi Jeep Safaris.I was surprised that he is also a professional diver with many years of experience and several global awards in his closet.We began with a few hours of basic training in diving before we went into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean for the real thing.IT WAS WAAAUH. The next day we went to Mnarani Club to collect some couples before proceeding to Tsavo East National Park for the SAFARI.Everything was so precisely done without delay and I came back rejuvenated and with a great feeling of achievement. Mr Ali is a true professional, very informed, great company and very friendly.Looking forward to go to Amboseli by Vumbi Jeep coming December.

Kilifi, Kenya
“Superior, fun, knowledgeable, classy and simply outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Me and my parents went on a 3 night 4 day safari to Tsavo east/west and Amboseli and it was the best safari I have ever been on. I live in Kenya so I have been on a few and this one surpassed any by far. Firstly by the 4x4 Toyota land cruiser, extremely well maintained, fully fitted with a roof you can pop open, perfect for anyone interested in taking really good pictures! And it’s also great to rest you camera on if you’re a bit of a shaky Stevens!!! Then came the extensive knowledge of Ali himself not only was he pointing out all the big animals with ease, also the small, lesser know species too! Some I didn’t even know existed!

Very important to me also was the organization, at every stage of the booking Ali responded swiftly and clearly, and when we finally met up and was on our safari there was no hidden extras what so ever, everything was just as he explained it.
Ali himself was a pleasure to be around, making jokes a lot of the time and nice and quiet in the early mornings when we wasn’t that talkative!!! He knew all the secret hiding places of most animals, which a lot of other tours could not get to due to their not having a 4x4.

In a nut shell is was awesome and I would highly recommend Vumbi Jeep Safaris to anyone.

Aberdare, United Kingdom
“absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

whilst staying at the mnarani beach club in kilifi we booked a two day safari with VUMBI JEEP SAFARIS. This was a fantastic experience,ALI who owns the company is a very knowledgeable guide and also very good company.We never dreamed we would be drinking champagne at sunset in the middle of the tsavo game reserve.The price was right and the tented accomodation superb.We really cannot thank ali enough we also hope to return in the not to distant future.