“A Wonderful Introduction to Kenya!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loldia House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naivasha
Loldia House
Lake Naivasha, Naivasha, Kenya   |
Chester, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Introduction to Kenya!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loldia House was everything we expected and more. The setting was stunning, beautifully kept gardens. That fabulous tree under which breakfast and lunch were served. Heather was fantastic, soooo efficient !! All the staff were lovely, Simon, Peter, and our special guide Sammy, who was so knowledgeable and such a joy to be with. We stayed in the cottage which required a drive down to the main house, and some may say they feel a bit isolated up there but we just felt so special as Sammy and Peter were always on hand for our every need. Every night Peter would light the fire and put hot water bottles in the bed, then wake us in the morning with coffee, heaven! There could be no better place to stay in Kenya!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wirral Merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My sister and I started our Kenyan Safari holiday with 2 nights at Loldia House, I wish it had been longer - next time it will be. From being collected at the "airstrip" by Sammy, taken on a short game drive (would have been longer only Heather was holding lunch for us) and seeing our first Dik-dik, we felt very much at home. Lunch was wonderful, gazpacho soup, red snapper (the best I've ever tasted) with a lovely glass of wine, followed by pudding and cheese and biscuits. All meals at Loldia are 5 star - thanks to all the catering and serving staff - you all do a wonderful job and are clearly proud of what you do and where you work. We stayed in the Cottage which is wonderful, the views are superb, we were well looked after by Peter who always made sure the fire was lit and there was a hot water bottle in our beds. Make sure you visit Lake Nakuru, the only place nowadays where you'll see rhino. Thank you Sammy for being so in tune with us during our game drives - you always knew when to slow down or stop for that camera shot - our pictures are amazing. We shall definitely be returning next year for a longer stay - can't wait!!!

Room Tip: We loved our cottage and would certainly ask for it again, spectacular views of Lake Navaisha, parti...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mudjimba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

These lodgings take you back to the old world charm of yesteryear. The wildlife abounds around and everything is so serene and peaceful. Hospitality was great even from the resident golden labrador, Scottie. Unfortunately the flamingoes were not as abundant due to heavy rainfalls, but went to an island, where there are no big predators and got to run with giraffes (although my boyfriend tells me it was more like chasing giraffes lol), an experience I will never forget. Thankyou Heather.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Heather was efficient and a pleasure to be around. The driver Evans knew so much about the wildlife and birds. We were pampered and spoiled. An amazing start to our safari. The food was wonderful and our servers were well trained. It was a pleasure to stay here with our family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Many of the other reviews have summed up Loldia so well, I will just try to add a few bits.

We weren't quite sure what to expect having not been on safari before. Loldia House was approx 2.5 hours pleasant drive from Nairobi. Met on arrival by the amazing Heather who sorts you out! Loved her no fuss and practical school ma'am attitude organising you to pre dinner drinks at 7pm in the sitting room by the log fire listening to the history of the house and the family.

We stayed in the main house room 1 which was just how I would expect a colonial room to be. Super comfy bed and nice touch with the hot water bottles.

Food and service was amazing...red snapper the best we've tasted! Picnic on the game drive was superb.

All day game drive at Lake Nakuru -research the best time of year for flamingo if this is important to you as we did not see this huge spectacular in July. Jacob our driver and guide was wonderful as were all the staff.

Airstrip to Masai Mara was on experience....they send a guy on a bike to ride up and down to scare off the zebra etc.

Really enjoyed our time here and a nice introduction to colonial Kenya.

• Stayed July 2013
Hampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our first (and definitely not the last) trip to Kenya. Loldia House was a great start to the holiday - beautiful location, fantastic wildlife and accomodation was very comfortable - open fire in our cottage at bed time and hot water bottles in the bed (it was winter in Kenya but still warmer than our usual summers). Food excellent and the staff lovely.

Heather was a fantastic host - welcoming, funny and great company. Sammy our driver was very knowledgable and entertaining on the game drives. A great two days before flying to the Masai Mara - definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We had two rooms in the cottages - good size - one had open fire. All nicely furnished - colonial s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I loved staying at Loldia House. The manager Heather is brilliant: highly competent, very funny, caring for your every detail and making you feel part of the Loldia family. All the staff there are fantastic. First mention goes to my guide Evans who was the best guide you could ever hope for. I highly recommend booking him ahead. He knows everything there is to know about the mammals and birds of Kenya. I spent two and a half days with him on safari and there wasn't a single question he didn't know the answer to. He is passionate about his job and about Kenya's amazing wildlife. Excellent guiding is so important to a wonderful trip to Kenya and he was the best. Next to mention is the chef, Gilbert. His culinary skills are amazing. My only regret was I couldn't fit in everything that was graciously put in front of me, though I certainly tried my best. I'm a vegetarian and his ability to whizz up the most delicious and varied meals every day was extraordinary. I also loved the intimate dinners in the evening with Heather and the other guests around the dinner table in the lovely dining room. All the staff, including Olly who has been there for nearly 20 years, are wonderful. And the two dogs Scottie and Amber make you feel right at home. The grounds of Loldia are superb: hippos wallow in amongst the water hyacinths, the beautiful superb starlings, impala, waterbuck. And the air strip nearby is full of wildlife - an occupational hazard for pilots! But there are staff on the ground to take care of that. I would love to return to Loldia. It is a standout gem. It was my first stay in Kenya and the best possible introduction I could have had.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Loldia House? Share your experiences!