“Excellent value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Jonesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 Phillips Drive, Jonesboro, AR 72401   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Jonesboro
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Excellent value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend of Feb 25th-28th and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room considering the low price I was charged, which was just under $40 dollars per night. The only thing I encountered that might be a drawback to those who might be more picky than myself was the furniture was a little worn as far as the dresser and bedside tables were concerned. The bed itself, a kingsize, was very comfortable and I slept very well on it for my three night stay. The carpet in the room I was in had a burn mark near the vanity area where someone had dropped a hot iron on it but I considered that a non-issue since the room rate was very reasonable.
The room was also furnished with a 25 inch TV and remote with 70+ channels including HBO, AM/FM radio alarm clock and telephone on the bedside table, small fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, and blowdryer. The bathroom was very adequate with a tub/shower stall combination and the water pressure was very good with plenty of hot water for showers.
One other feature I liked about the room was it had a seperate "business area" seperated by a wall that was furnished with both a easy chair <non reclining type> and a second chair <desk type> along with a small desk that had a second telephone, and space for your laptop to take care of any business you needed handling. The hotel has wireless internet service and not once did I have a problem signing on or with the signal being weak.
The hotel also provides a full continental breakfast from 6 AM-9AM that has dry cereal and milk, pastries, bread to make toast, coffee and juice included with the room rate but the one time I tried to take advantage of that on my last morning there they were already out of milk for the cereal and were also out of juice. But that could have been because I didn't get to the breakfast area before 8:45 that morning. Once again it was really a non-issue though as there are a multitude of restaurants all close by that serve breakfast such as a Waffle House just across the parking lot and an IHOP that is within a mile of driving.
The Hotel also has a pool but obviously it was closed due to the time of year so that was also no problem in my opinion.
The staff are of foreign descent and there was a small issue of understanding each other when I spoke to them but they were still friendly and cordial in their dealings with me.
I will return to this hotel as I plan on making them my regular place to stay on my future trips to Jonesboro, AR. Overall I would rate this hotel a 7.5 out of a 10.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed here for 4 weeks while on business in June. The staff is vey friendly. The room was clean and everything was working good. Great service if you needed anything. Lots of working people staying here but no problems. You won't find better anywhere for the price.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — slow draining sink
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
harvester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

Needed cheap rooms and got a better rate by calling the property directly than what was quoted online. Did include breakfast of do-it-yourself waffles, biscuits n gravy, cereal, rolls, juice (actually orange drink), coffee. Rooms were decent but in some disrepair. Amenities (towels, etc) were sparse. If requested, you got more towels etc. but you had to ask. For example, our room had 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth for three people. Rooms were not cleaned or made up during the stay. The maid did come by with the cart and asked if you needed anything like more towels but did not enter the rooms to clean. Our 3 no smoking rooms were 1 no smoking and 2 obviously been smoked in but sprayed with air freshener rooms. Breakfast was also sparse. The bare minimum was put out but replenished if asked. We were 3 adults and 6 teenagers and we had to ask several times to get enough waffle batter, juice, milk etc. to get thru breakfast for everyone. Rooms did have microwaves, sm refrigerators, and coffee makers (not all rooms had every appliance) I would probably stay here again if I needed a bunch of cheap rooms to house teenagers but I would probably opt for a more expensive hotel if it were just me.

• Liked — decent for the price
  • Disliked — didn't clean the rooms during the stay
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Jonesboro? Share your experiences!