“Needed maintenance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Jonesboro
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Needed maintenance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Although we did get clean sheets, towels and the bathroom was clean. The rest of the room was in need of repair. The carpet needed a deep cleaning or to be replaced. The mattress was old and hard as a rock and the pillows we old and disintegrating. It was also obvious the they never moved the furniture when they vacuumed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Batesville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Was ok for extreme economy stay. Housekeeping didn't leave TP or tissues. Key didn't work when we returned on the second day. Breakfast area very small. Staff was ok but nothing remarkable. Overall average accommodations with below average service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Seward, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We followed TripAdvisor's tip that this was an okay hotel. Don't do it! The door looked like it had been kicked in a few times and there was lots of sunlight coming in under the door. The bathroom had mold in the corners. There was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. We had reserved a king and got two doubles, which was okay. The building next door put in stereo systems for vehicles and was blasting very loud music. Do yourself a favor, spend a little more and go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cullman, Al.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Due to other motels being booked; I directed my wife to obtain 2 rooms in Jonesboro via Priceline.com. The only rooms available were at the Econo Lodge on Phillips Drive. The first 2 rooms we were assigned smelled so bad (due to mold and milldue) that I returned to the office to request re-assignment; which the office Manager complied with. We were given rooms 126 and 131. After stowing our gear, I noticed that the door to room 131 had been heavily damaged due to what appeared to be a break-in or a raid by the cops. The chain to the door had been destroyed and removed; and, the plate mounted on the wall which held the dead bolt had been damaged. Being duck hunters we had weapons (shotguns); so, we were not overly concerned with safety. Regardless, when we returned from Dinner, I walked over to the telephone to request a wake-up call......when I picked up the Reciever, I noticed that the cord which connected the Reciever to the telephone did not exist; so, I could not use the phone ! I noticed an ashtray near the basin near the bathroom; and thus, determined that I was in a "smoking room"......I don't smoke. Regardless, it was getting too late to do anything about our situation...the next morning I awoke with a taste in my mouth like I had been smoking cigarettes all night. The costs of our rooms were $55.00 per night (which was the same as our previous motel (Bay Point) which was very clean and nice). The Econo Lodge is a dump.

Room Tip: I stayed 3 nights at the Bay Point which was excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was traveling through the area, after driving all day and only wanted a place to sleep, at a cheap price. I saw the usual dives, I won't stay at the bottom dwellers, just looking for a clean, comfortable, affordable bed. This looked like it was well kept, recently upgraded and after I walked in, the attendant actually had a smile on his face, made me a deal I could feel, I checked in. The rooms were big, the beds are super nice and quite frankly, I checked out at noon the next day, cause I couldn't make myself get up in the morning. This bargain is slightly off of the highway and at $50.00, how can we say no? Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Wife & I got into town late. Most hotels were very expensive but we happened into this Econo Lodge and found a great very clean room, nice breakfast the next morning, & really nice owners. This motel is a real value!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were driving to Memphis and it just got too late and we were tired so decided to stop in Jonesboro and continue on in the morning. We called around and this was the only hotel in the area with rooms under $100. Check in was easy since it was late and we didn't have a reservation. Pretty standard budget hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!