“Great local place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Springfield, Missouri
“Great local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent steaks and sides all perfectly prepared . So much fun for a group of old Friends to get together!
Service is always fast and pleasant .

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arkansas
“Food excellent but getting it is slow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I love Skinny J's! Try the quesadilla, salmon and crab dip--those r favorites! Folks are right about service--slow. We never go on weekend nights cause full of college kids and yoo loud ańd too loud for us old folks!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
“Extroverts will love this!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food was well done and promptly served. The place was a bit noisy for us--we like very quiet restaurants--but everyone was accommodating and polite.

Visited March 2014
Benton, Arkansas
“Good food, weak service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The general consensus of our 4 person group was that the food was good. My wife and I had the "half rib eye". The other couple had burgers. We arrived about 4:30 and the place was not crowded and we got our drinks on time. We waited about 30 minutes for the food. My steak, baked potato, and mushrooms were luke warm, especially the mushrooms. It appeared that the food had been prepared in a timely manner, but was allowed to sit for a while before being delivered. The steak was very good, other than being only warm.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Laid back atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love going to Skinny J's on the weekends for dinner and drinks. My man Cleon works the door and has taken care of me each and every time I have been up there. He never forgot my, or my wifes name, since our first visit and I truely consider him to be a friend. The drinks are never watered down and the bartenders are hilarious. They have live music on the weekends and I have never heard a bad band play there yet. The food is great . The atmosphere is more mature, as in not a lot of young kids acting a fool. It is ideal for the people who know how to have a good time, enjoy music, and have a more refined taste in the company that they want to keep. This is by far my favorite place to go on the weekends in Jonesboro.

• Visited February 2014