“If all Fairfield were as good as this, I would never stay in a full service Marriott again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3408 Access Road, Hwy 63 & Stadium Blvd - Exit 42, Jonesboro, AR 72401   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jonesboro
St. Louis, MO USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I have been a Marriott Plat or Gold since 2002 and have stayed at over 300 different Marriotts and excluding the JW brand, I would put this property in my "top ten" . Awesome staff, spotlessly clean, evening happy hour with free food and drink (plus beer/wine), hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon) , decent rates, comfy matresses, great looking decor and two elevators. Man I just wish all the other Fairfield/Courtyard/FS Marriotts were as good as this property!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Very warm welcome when arriving and the staff was helpful giving directions to restaurants in the area. The hotel must be newer, as the rooms were spotless and smelled fresh.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Hotel - YES; room - Yes; Loved the shower - YES; Hotel staff - Complete with HALO's;
Breakfast - Excellent. In other words - YES!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Clean, fresh, bright and modern. This was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had. The staff was accommodating, polite and helpful. Breakfast featured a wide variety of choices and was delicious. The hotel is new and well kept. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011
Adrian, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

No reservations and learned a golf tournament was in town. Rooms were scarce. Staff were very helpful to ensure we got the room that met our needs. Gave us excellent directions to nearby restaurants. Very comfortable and restful even though highway and railroad were nearby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011 via mobile

Nice hotel, easily accessible from the interstate and close to a number of restaurants. Great breakfast!

• Stayed March 2011
Owasso, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I sometimes forget how important internet access is. For this trip I had to have it, and when it was unavailable I was ready to check out and demand a refund... but there was no other place else to go because of a big sports tournament being in town.

In fact we did not get the suite we reserved more than a month in advance because the on-line reservation I made only showed 4 people in our party, not the 5 people which it should have shown (my fault?) Anyway, they decided our "4" didn't qualify for a suite, so they gave our room away to someone else. What irked me was the way they seemed to try to hide that fact upon check-in. That was the first out.

Out # two was the complete failure of the wireless at this Marriott property. Even though the signal from the Comfort Suites a hundred yards away didn't even show on the little strength indicator, I was still able to make the connection and got my required work done.

I had almost made reservations at the Comfort Suites, but the higher ranking here on Tripadvisor changed my mind (even though I haven't had a good experience at a Marriott property since NOLA in 1998 - and still haven't). This review should help bring some balancing perspective to the #1 ranking of this property, and if I'm wrong, you will see it reflected in my review of the Comfort Suites after my next trip to Jonesboro in a couple of months.

Let me quick to add that AT LEAST IT WASN'T THE HILTON!!!! I kept telling myself that while I was fuming over the wireless fail. I also reminded myself that I *was* in Jonesboro, Arkansas

On the last at-bat in the last inning..... the Fairfield offered us an air mattress for person number 5. Now if I wanted to stay in that same room under different circumstances, I would not be allowed 5 people for safety reasons alone - but when they mess up it is okay t not only put 5 people in a small room, but also provide a very-much-in-the-way air mattress to make it unsafe??? Strike one.

As I have noticed, it is becoming more and more common that only one person is paid to be working at motel in the evenings. This was the case here. The front desk had to be closes multiple times to leave for some necessary tasks, like letting people into their rooms with a passkey because the "lock " was broken, but there was no one there who could deliver the air bed to our room. My two teen girls had to go haul it upstairs Strike 2.

By now we are in the last inning with only one strike left.... but, things were fine from that point on. In fact I forgot about most of the distress since I didn't have to sleep on the floor (my 26 year old did) even though it was very dangerous to walk on that air mattress (which filled all available space) in order to get over to the bathroom.

But we survived. So if all you want a place you will survive, this is one of those places. Like I said earlier,. better than the Hilton. But is it better than the Comfort Suites? Stay tuned.

Room Tip: reserrve for max # of pple or they may downgrade u
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Fairfield09, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
My Dear Sir,

I want to make amends to you for having let you down during your recent stay with us. From the content of your letter, it seems we failed you in almost every way possible. Because your review did not include your name, I cannot be exactly certain who to contact regarding this matter, however I hope you will contact me so that we can discuss this concern in more detail.

This property is ranked as the number one property in Jonesboro and ranked in the top 3 percentile of all Marriott Fairfield Inns & Suites, not because we are infallible. We are a top ranked property because we are determined to do the best job possible to satisfy each and every guest to the best of our ability. And on those occasions when we do mess up, we are committed to doing whatever it takes to fix the problem, and then learn from it.

I apologize to you and your family for not having the requested style room type (Suite) available to you during your stay. I cannot imagine why I was not informed of your dilemma while you were still with us, when I could have frankly changed the outcome of your distasteful experience. However, I find this to be a learning opportunity for myself and my entire staff. It is my intention to empower each desk clerk to take matters into their own hands when resolving customer issues, all while remaining myself equally available to each and every guest!

We have identified the problem you experienced with our internet, and are currently in the process of replacing all access points to upgrade our system. This should be completed within the next week or two.

Additionally, I thank you for caring enough to bring these issues to my attention. I firmly believe it is customers like yourself that speak out about the good and the bad who keep us on our toes. Once again, I do hope to hear from you so that I can have the to opportunity to visit with you and apologize to you in person.

In good health,
Ann Crabtree
Marriott Fairfield Inn and
Suites of Jonesboro…

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro? Share your experiences!