“Poor Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Jonesboro
Andover, Massachusetts
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel was very elegant, had all the amenities needed for a pleasant stay. Even though I was not an overnight guest at your hotel I did attend an event there on Saturday October 27, 2012. I was appauled at the service of the two ladies that was working the event. This was not a large event and we were expecting great service since your hotel was well recommended. The gentleman that worked was very pleasant, worked hard to accomodate us and was there when we needed anything. The two ladies on the other hand disappeared for a very long time, I would like to think this is not a standard practice. When they did return one of them walked by me and the smell of marajuana was very strong. She seemed as is she was high on something. I would like to think that if I was to make a reservation to stay at your hotel that the other employees would have better representation than these two ladies. Also, I think your hiring process or company policy needs to require a drug screen. If not you may need to obtain it from now on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past visit with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your event was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that we correct this poor level of service. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured. We want you to know that we have addressed the issues you mentioned with our staff members as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Jeff Fort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff in this hotel is wonderful! I can tell they go out of their way to make sure every guest is taken care of. The hotel seems to be only a couple of years old. The rooms were very clean and roomy, everything we needed. We reserved the room rate that included breakfast which was a good deal. They were having a $5 dollars burger and fries deal in the bar the night we were there. It was very good! I will stay at this hotel anytime I am in Jonesboro.

Room Tip: Make sure to make a reservation. This hotel is very popular and busy. Best hotel in Joneboro.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the positive review! I will be sure and share your comments with our entire team. I hope you will visit us again when you are in Jonesboro. Thanks again for the review.

Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We are Hilton Diamond level and I had asked for the top floor when I reserved days ahead online. When we checked in I was told, "We are fully booked and once the rooms are assigned..." That was it, no acknowledgement of Diamond status, no offer to CHANGE the "assigned" room. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. However, we booked and paid nearly $200 for a one-bedroom suite because we like the extra room and have done this many times at HGI properties. This room was so tiny that showering was a challenge to get the door out of the way, AND I hit my knee twice on the wooden bed frame/box the mattress was in and bled profusely. We could hear water running from above. Sooooo, having said all this, if your company will pay for your room or you don't mind the lack of space, you will be happy here, as it is a very nice HGI. We had room service for dinner, which was delicious. The lady who took our order and delivered it was delightful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff seems annoyed about everything. The bar closed 20 minutes early and refused to let us in because they were ready to go home. WOW!! The meeting planner proceded to share his annoyance with his personal dissatisfaction for our growing meeting attendance and was sure to let us know the inconveniences t ohis personal life in order to ensure our meeting was a success. Is this what I am paying for......... this listen to the staff whine??

Room that was promised to us when reservations were made, we were told did not exist when we check in.

Hotel is new and aethetically beautiful and clean. I will chooses to stay somewhere else when in town due to the poor service. I prefer to spend my money where it is appreciated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel itself has great logistics, close to highway, tons of restaurants all under 4-5 minutes at the most. Our room was very nice, the Sleep Number Beds a nice touch, we were impressed. It was clean enough, although the bathroom had random bits of dirt and hair in the corners of the floor and in the crevices of the sink. Kind of a gross-out but sadly seems to be the norm even for better hotels nowadays. The clerk when we checked in was not overly friendly, actually just civil, but checked us in quickly after a minor hiccup (our room had been given away and I was told the reservation had been made in error. I answered this with a very long silence then a room "just opened up"). The clerk at check-out, a nice and helpful young lady, was much better. No Valet carts were to be found, but she was gracious and kind enough to help us locate one. We ordered in room service, it was shockingly good (NY Strips A+, Ceasar Salads B+, hot wings just so-so, maybe a C) and pretty quick also. There was a Little League Tournament in town when we stayed, so the pool and elevators stayed full and kind of messy, but I don't think it was humanly possible to stay on top of all of it at the same time. I noticed many times the elevators being cleaned/recleaned and the pool area being attended to, and when we had an issue about kids running/yelling in hallways late at night they got right on it. I would stay here again in a minute, it's by far one of the best, if not the best, hotels in Jonesboro (in my estimation).

Room Tip: ask for something not directly facing the AC units over the pool - not really any good views to ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review, it’s nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as room service. Thank you also for being understanding about the check-in issue you mentioned, as well as getting a valet cart. I am so sorry you found your bathroom unacceptable. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom ; my apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden in Jonesboro , we were there for 3 nights, most all of the staff are great. Tim the night innkeeper is A+ in our book. He had a fix for any problem we had, new where to get a great bottle of wine , in a dry county mind you, and made sure our grand daughter had fruit loops late at night. Without us asking. He was great ! Now the morning week staff not so great. You cant get coffee sent to your room or anything else. Hilton advertised room service , Blake in guest services tells us know you cant get room service in the morning. So much for doing anything to keep the guest happy or your stay is free. So Blake gets an F- for keeping guest happy , and he is a bit snotty . Hotel cleaning service does a great job, very clean hotel, and very friendly they all get an A+. Thank goodness we left on monday so we didnt have to deal with blake all week. If you want a great hotel for a weekend stay , this is your place. The staff on the weekend are great.

Room Tip: I over heard other guest saying some of the 4th floor rooms smelled a bit moldy. We stayed on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We were traveling home from vacation in Alabama and stopped for the night. We were upgraded to a mini suite and the staff was very helpful in providing information for pizza delivery in the area. We are Hilton people and have to say that this was one of the nicest Garden Inns that we have stayed at.

This will deffinitely be our choice when traveling on vacation next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro? Share your experiences!