My husband and I picked this Resort on recommendation from a colleague, at short notice with no expectations. We just needed to relax and unwind.
Bokissa absolutely fit the bill.
It's a little rustic and pleasantly reminiscence of childhood holidays by the sea. but the staff are friendly and happy and the management work hard to ensure that the guests receive as little or as much attention as they each desire.
The rooms are clean and well kept, if a little dated (which we felt added to the charm). The air-conditioners worked well (paramount to my husband) and their views were incredible.
The snorkelling off the beach was very good, and what a luxury to only have to walk a 20 metres from the front door of your room to experience it!
We took the kayak day tour to the blue hole, it was expensive. Which Vanuatu is, when compared to somewhere like Asia. However, the scenery was spectacular and we did see turtles from the boat.
Unexpectedly, Bokissa turned out to be the best value-for-money on our itinerary in Vanuatu. Most things were included, and there is a limit to how much you can spend on a tiny island. However, if you dive or fish for big game, I imagine you can spend a fortune here.
We were lucky to be staying here at the same time as a number of interesting and ecclectic people and over a few evenings eating at the long table we were rewarded with engaging conversation, lots of laughter and insight into the lives of the locals and expats of the South Pacific.
I'd recommend Bokissa to anyone who needs to escape society for a while. It's a place where you are guaranteed to find the time to read that novel, slip in a siesta and pretend you've been shipwrecked on a pacific island.
Don't be suprised, if after two days, you're like Pavlov's dog when they sound the Tam Tam to call you to dinner...slip into neutral, relax and enjoy the slower pace.
- Also Known As:
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is a 20 minute fast boat ride from the Luganville which is the main town in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Bokissa is 16 absolute beachfront bungalows on a beautiful island of 175 acres of pristine beaches and tropical rainforest. Walk out of your bungalow onto the sand and into the water - straight off the beach snorkelling and just 10-20 minutes from world famous wreck and reef diving. Bokissa's tariff includes return airport transfers and all meals during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bokissa Eco Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.