We have just returned from six wonderful days at Lope Lope Adventure Lodge where we attended the wedding of our godson Pat. Wow! What a magical place. We were met at the airport and welcomed by Colin who transported us back to the Lodge to settle into our new "home". The warm welcome we recieved from Megan on arrival at the Lodge continued throughout our stay. The bungalows are spacious, clean & well appointed, each with its own private beach. The cool breeze & soft lapping of the ocean at our doorstep ensured all of the party enjoyed an excellent night's sleep. ( Even the snorers amongst us didn't snore! Wish we could take that home!) Well all loved the outdoor showers. Really enjoyed the continental breakfasts on the balcony of the lodge each morning and evening drinks & dinner were a delightful experience.
Hire cars & taxis are reasonably priced (thanks Dusty & John) & we used these to explore the island. We found beautiful spots such as Champagne Beach, Turtle Beach, Velit Bay Jacky's Blue Hole and Port Oiry. The restaurant here - Port Oiry Harbour Restaurant serves Coconut Crab, which is to die for. Yum!
The friendly waves from the local people walking along the road everywhere we went enhanced our sight seeing experience.
Pat & Jen were married by the Blue Hole adjacent to Lope Lope Lodge. The setting was awesome in its natural state, but the staff enhanced it with flowers & palm fronds. -beautiful. The wedding luncheon was held on the balcony of the Lodge which is built out over the ocean. The varing hues in the water made the setting spectacular. Once again the girls did a fantastic job of decorating the area for the occasion. The sumptious tropical feast of local seafood and tasty salads laid out for the guests was delicious. We enjoyed local fish, prawns, lobster and oysters among other things. (Thanks for the beautiful spinach soup Bissend ). The restaurant serves great meals and all served with beaming smiles from the staff. Thanks to Bissy, Chrissy & all the girls who really looked after us.
Our thanks to Megan for ensuring that all our needs were catered for and for helping to make Pat & Jens day so beautiful & special. They will have awsome memories & I know they have some magnificent photos. We would all like to return some day.
Maree & Co
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lope Lope Lodge is Santo's finest new absolute waterfront resort boasting probably one of the best locations on the island. It is a lodge built to 5-star quality standards with the same reflected in our accommodation, service, food, drinks and activities - without the price tag! Situated 15 mins from the international airport and only 11 km out of town on the newly tar sealed East Coast road, we have fast become one the most popular places in Santo to visit, whether staying with us or not. Set on 8.5 Hectares of lush tropical forest, a natural blue hole and an ice cold fresh water creek forms our northern boundary, whilst the warm crystal clear, aquamarine colored Pacific Ocean meets our white sandy beaches with nothing more than a soothing sound that is bound to lull you to sleep in your luxury bungalow...The Slipway Sports Bar & Grill combination of natural & modern design, the Slipway Sports Bar & Grill is well known for its variety of drinks and food, and has fast become the "Place to be in Santo," since our opening in April 2010. Offering free pool tables and darts on our mezzanine level, live big screen TV, free internet and comfortable couches to relax away the day. Our Accommodation design mixture of Modern and Melanesian, our upmarket bungalows are absolute waterfront with most top class amenities and finishes that will make you feel at home, especially when stepping off the deck onto your own white sandy private beach! Our 132 square meter luxury bungalows are one of a kind and designed to meet your highest expectation without losing the true island style feeling you can enjoy while staying with us! All bungalows are built to 5-star quality with a unique feeling of living in your own home - but in paradise & right on a tropical Pacific beach...* Private entrance* Thatch deck, hammock, 4 seat settee* Spacious open plan design* King Size bed (or a twin King Single)* iPod dock* HD TV* A comfortable 3-seat lounge set, Laptop desk, Walk through wardrobe* Bar fridge* Laptop safe* Twin vanities* Luxury Bath* Outside shower in tropical garden. All linen, towels & beach towels are provided. Your room is made up every day & full service every third day!Activities We offer a wide variety of activities with, horse riding trails, Hobie cat sailing, kayaks, game fishing, island hopping, sightseeing, cultural tours, blue holes etc... All at your fingertips! Lope Lope is truly "The Place to be in Vanuatu!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lope Lope Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lope Lope Adventure Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Lope Lope Lodge Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo