We had booked here for 5 nights, but only stayed for 2 as we had left (and subsequently returned to) paradise at Champagne Beach. Their cancellation policy was not published, but we negotiated our way out at a steep cost....
Having vary carefully planned our holiday - the question on their website 'is Turtle Bay the place for you?', turns out we can answer in the first line - a quiet place.... Within minutes of arriving and while still enjoying our welcome drinks, our 2 year old was reprimanded by the manageress for being boisterous. Given there was no-one else around at the time I felt was a bit un-nesessary. Child-friendly right?
We started with a feeling of unease....
The place is a little run down - it needs some TLC. Priced accordingly I will say, BUT note everything here costs you extra! Food was more expensive than many other places we stayed and ate. The choices were pretty good and very well presented. BUT included breakfast is a choice of cereal OR toast...and was that a A$35 burger we had for lunch?... you are too far from town to affordably consider alternatives.
All activities here are at additional cost too - no complimentary snorkel gear, canoes etc... plenty of tour operator options - probably a good base to head either north or south if tours are your thing.
It was unfortunate for us that low tide was around 9-10am, which is when the weather was at its best to get out into the lagoon/sea and the winds picked up in the afternoon making it quiet choppy and not suitable for the kids to swim and snorkel (with their own gear!) and canoeing would have been very hard work. The pool area is tired and it was sad to see broken toys and left clothes were still lying around the whole time we were there...
So, No - Turtle Bay is not the place for us.
PS We are regularly complemented as to how well behaved our kids are - FFS, they are kids!!!
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Bay Hotel
- Turtle Bay Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Turtle Bay Resort Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Bay Resort, Santo boasts 2 acres of gardens and 120 meters of waterfront. The resort grounds have been designed to provide plenty of secluded areas in which to lose yourself. All our rooms are waterfront, spacious and tastefully decorated with a luxurious island theme. We have an array of activities to suit every taste and fill every day with fun. How about canoeing to the neighboring island, cycling to the fabulous blue holes or snorkeling on the northern reef? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Turtle Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.