“Good Chinese close by” 4 of 5 stars

Description: west gate
Lubbock, Texas
“Good Chinese close by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and found it quite good. Today, we were the first customers and we enjoyed quite a selection,of items. Egg drop and sweet and sour soup started us off right then we moved on to fresh shrimp, pepper steak, lo mien and rice and their cheese wontons. Coconut chicken and the other items were hot, attractively displayed,and kept refilled. Attentive waitress kept our dirty plates removed and iced tea and water filled. Clean restaurant and we had a great lunch for under $16.00. By the time we left, there were many more patrons enjoying a great meal. What a great boon to the Village.

Visited April 2013

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Average for our area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Like most Chinese Buffets it seems like everything tastes the same. However if you order from the menu they do a very good job. Last week my husband had the Mongolian Beef and I had Chicken Chow Mein to go. We had enough for 4 people, plus we shared a bowl of egg drop soup (plenty for 2) and each had an egg roll. The dishes were flavorful and fresh tasting.

Visited January 2013
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
“Yen not satisfied”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We love Chinese food and decided to try the buffet to satisfy a craving. It was the worse we've had. The food wasn't seasoned well and it wasn't warm nor was there a good variety. The staff seemed very disinterested in their customers. I get frozen entrees now to satisfy my cravings - won't go back to this restaurant.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“I really enjoy the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

When visiting my parents, (mind you i am from Chicago), this is my must go to resturant. I so wish this resturant was by me. I find the food fantastic, THE SALMON, and the COCONUT SHRIMP to DIE FOR. I go to this resturant, no lie.... every other day. Unless I go to China Town in Chicago, or San Francisco, I will not find this quality of food. Ok, over statement, but let me tell you this, go for the buffet, Start out going for the Sunday Buffet, shortly after opening, You might find the food is still coming out, but that is ok, Soon the resturant will be packed. The price is under 10.00, but memory of cost fades in my memory but the taste of the food does not.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Expensive for cheap quality!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Food is okay. A lot of it looks like it has been sitting there forever.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere