“yuck” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Horseshoe Bend
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf
Save Saved
You added Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf to your Saves list
900 Fourth Street, Horseshoe Bend, AR 72512   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bend
Memphis TN
“yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I was not going to review this establishment, though I found it to be completely misrepresented on their website. However, during the course of our stay I changed my mind. First, the facility is dilapidated and unsanitary. The room was not clean, even by a Motel-type standard and that is exactly what Hillhigh is - a motel, not a resort or spa. The wall are painted cinder block. The room had a nasty stained carpet. Nothing "spa" about the place. The front desk closes at 8, as does the indoor pool. Restaurant closes at 9. The worst part of the stay was items belonging to my children were missing from our room. We left for about 3 1/2 hours and when we returned, I discovered my children's movies were missing (about $500 worth). I notified the front desk and explained the situation. I did not accuse any of the employees of stealing - they may have just failed to secure our room properly after housekeeping. Regardless, the owner did not care at all and I got a lame apology from the front desk attendant. Yippee-what customer service! Thief also took my 4-yr-old's new toy car. Classy folks!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Romms have been renovated with some having a jacussi in them. Very good customer service. New management in kitchen with very good food at great prices. An all encompassing resort Close to fishing and hunting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2004

I booked a two-night package deal at this small resort for a weekend trip to visit friends in nearby Hardy, AR. The par 3 golf course, Cedar Glade, is very nice and well kept. However, although golf was supposed to be included, I was informed at check-in that there was a fee.

The restaurant was nice and the food was good, however the 15% discount that came with the package was "no longer honored" and it took 1.5 hours to eat a cheeseburger and get out.

The indoor pool, spa, and jacuzzi were very nice and well maintained for their age. They are the primary saving grace of this property.

The staff are nice, but seem unfamiliar with the specials that are advertised.

The "hotel" is an absolute DISASTER. If you want to visit the spa and course, pay a few bucks for a day pass and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. The rooms haven't been updated since the early 1980s and need to be dozed. There were nasty stains on the carpet and rusty water (and a moth) came out of our bathtup spigot. The concrete block walls accent the 25 year old furniture and television perfectly. The old wooden door could have been broken in by any sassy 5-year-old with a swift kick - AVOID.

We enjoyed the spa for one evening and then got a refund for the second night and went to Branson. There are many cabins and private properties for rent in the area which I will choose from on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2004

Been to Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf? Share your experiences!