“We "WON" A Drawing Too...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Horseshoe Bend
Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf
You added Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf to your Saves list
900 Fourth Street, Horseshoe Bend, AR 72512   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bend
Conway, Arkansas, United States
“We "WON" A Drawing Too...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel (not resort or spa) is now named "Cedar Glade Resort & Spa". As of January 2013 they are under MAJOR renovations. Many of the photos on their official website & this page are not accurate. Please note pool, restaurant, gym, spa pretty much all out of room amenities (including a poor excuse for wifi) is inaccessible. The staff while friendly for the most part, was not knowledgable about the area. Now, I should mention like another person on here we visited "Cedar Glades" upon receipt of a phone call stating we'd won a drawing for a chance to win a truck or a list of other great prizes. Needless to say it is a timeshare trap (which we actually figured since we had done one before), long story short you will get a set of cheap watches, a vacation that you have to pay for and at the very least a free weekend (or night) at a hotel. Our room was not filthy, it was about average I'd say. The double queen room is actually two full sized beds, the furnishings aren't current, and the shower had "not cold" water. The upside is that you have access to an actual resort that does have a pool (Crowne Point I think it was called), however we did not get to do that since the kennel the hotel suggested "Just Pet Me Dog Hotel" lost our beloved family pet on our first day there and we spent the entire day completely hysterical searching the area for him. Thankfully he was found the next morning, and honestly after our ordeal we really just wanted to go home, but to avoid being charged for our complimentary stay they insisted we sit through their presentation. But they did print flyers for us to hand out...which was more than the man who lost our dog did...if the situation had been different we could have enjoyed this weekend, we're adventurous, the area is beautiful, I would have loved to photograph the place, and the people in town are so sweet...and understanding and helpful during our crisis. But I would probably never stay at Cedar Glades again, and CERTAINLY would not pay for it.

• Stayed January 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pocatello, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The name of this hotel/resort has changed to Cedar Glade. My husband and I stayed here for two nights and loved it. Great and caring staff, very clean, well-decorated room, very comfortable and quiet. Had everything and more. We enjoyed in room gormet coffee, fridge, microwave, and free movies. Just could not have been happier with our stay here. We were thrilled to find such a nice hotel in Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The first week in July 2012, me and my family stayed at this facility for a family reunion, as my Mom had just turned 85 (and she lives in Horseshoe Bend, AR). Prior to making the reservations, I had my sister go down to inspect the rooms, and a girl took her down and showed her a "supposed renovated" room. When my sister called me back, she said to make sure I ask for "renovated" rooms. What we were put into was as bad as the slums in Newark, NJ. Not only were they not renovated, but there was severe toxic mold intrusion in both rooms. My son's 20 month old baby girl went into a bad astham attach the 1st night and had to get her out of the place. Not only was there toxic mold conditions (of which I have pictures and reports from a certified lab of the mold samples we took out of both rooms), but there was also a rat trap with the poison still in it in my son's room (where there were 2 minor children). I have primary pulmonary hypertension (which was well under control prior to this), and am now going on my 3rd round of prednisone to try to get my breathing under control; if not I will have to go back on PPH meds that cost in excess of $5,000 per month (I know as I was on these back in 2009). My daughter has had severe upper respiratory problems and has now paid out about $500 in med and prescription costs. After her visit to the specialist on 8/7, if this 2nd round of meds doesn't work, they will have to go into her sinus cavities to see if live mold spores have set up residence in them. I have e-mailed the governor, director of AR Dept. of Health, Horseshoe Bend Chamber of Commerce, AR BBB, newspapers, etc. etc. and have attached these pictures and reports, but I get no response. In fact, with the complaint I made to the AR BBB, we had to go to the Secretary of State's office to find out who owns this facility, which is Crown Point Resort in Horseshoe Bend, and this Crown Point had the nerve to respond that they have nothing to do with Cedar Glade Resort, which is nothing but a lie. I found a newspaper article from AreaWideNews, Salem, AR dated 11/26/11, in which the Mayor of Horseshoe Bend, Bob Barnes said, "I am excited to know Crown Point has emerged as the owner of the former Hillhigh Resort." It also goes on to say "At the end of October (2011), the Decor Corp., which owns Crown Point Resort....purchased Hillhigh (now Cedar Glade Resort). After Hillhigh was purchased by Cooper Realty of Melbourne, "Paul Behrndt, one of the owners of Crown Point Resort"....later discussions with Cooper Realty led to his company's (Decor Corp) purchase of Hillhigh (now Cedar Glade Resort)". I guess they thought we were idiots and would not do a thorough research on this facility; but they were wrong as they didn't know who they had in these slumlike rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this facility. Their business practices are deceptive and fraudulent. There is no o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Horseshoe Bend hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I received a phone call stating I "won" and I was a finalist for the mark martin truck on April 27. I placed my name in a drawing for it back in April . Via phone i was told I got a "complimentary" room for "free" for coming to try my key that they would send to me via mail along with my confirmation letter THAT WAS NEVER MAILED! Along with "free prizes " to choose from which was a 7 day land vacay,$500 cash , 42in' tv , and genova his/her watches. Soon as we made it May 4th,2012 I got a weird vibe immediately on arrival the girl at the front desk wasn't knowledgeable about anything going on. Soon after we meet up with a young lady to show us around,she then takes us in this room with other ppl where they were having one on one verbal conversations . Long story short she sells us this "coast to coast" time share type thing stating that I'd get 50% off 5 star hotels,condos,airfare and membership there at cedar glade for a certain amount of $ a month in which I didn't want to sign even after me saying no 3x's they insisted on ripping me off. Then I was given a key to see if I was the winner of the truck ,which I wasn't and I looked at the number she had given me upon arrival which determined what prize I "won" which was those light weight cheap watches and a 7 day vacay certificate that expires may 28th and reservation has to be made within 30 days . At that point I felt violated and the fact that they have all of my personal information scares me and I refuse to pay anyone anything that's a complete SCAM!!! I'm more than willing to take them to court for this misrepresentation!! How do you expect to better a business based off lies??? When you do wrong ,wrong will follow. Everyone stay away and don't fall for their lies !! Not to mention my card was charged $79 for a room I NEVER STAYED IN ,I WAS ONLY SHOWN THIS ROOM DURING THE "TOUR".

• Stayed May 2012
Memphis TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I was not going to review this establishment, though I found it to be completely misrepresented on their website. However, during the course of our stay I changed my mind. First, the facility is dilapidated and unsanitary. The room was not clean, even by a Motel-type standard and that is exactly what Hillhigh is - a motel, not a resort or spa. The wall are painted cinder block. The room had a nasty stained carpet. Nothing "spa" about the place. The front desk closes at 8, as does the indoor pool. Restaurant closes at 9. The worst part of the stay was items belonging to my children were missing from our room. We left for about 3 1/2 hours and when we returned, I discovered my children's movies were missing (about $500 worth). I notified the front desk and explained the situation. I did not accuse any of the employees of stealing - they may have just failed to secure our room properly after housekeeping. Regardless, the owner did not care at all and I got a lame apology from the front desk attendant. Yippee-what customer service! Thief also took my 4-yr-old's new toy car. Classy folks!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Romms have been renovated with some having a jacussi in them. Very good customer service. New management in kitchen with very good food at great prices. An all encompassing resort Close to fishing and hunting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2004

I booked a two-night package deal at this small resort for a weekend trip to visit friends in nearby Hardy, AR. The par 3 golf course, Cedar Glade, is very nice and well kept. However, although golf was supposed to be included, I was informed at check-in that there was a fee.

The restaurant was nice and the food was good, however the 15% discount that came with the package was "no longer honored" and it took 1.5 hours to eat a cheeseburger and get out.

The indoor pool, spa, and jacuzzi were very nice and well maintained for their age. They are the primary saving grace of this property.

The staff are nice, but seem unfamiliar with the specials that are advertised.

The "hotel" is an absolute DISASTER. If you want to visit the spa and course, pay a few bucks for a day pass and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. The rooms haven't been updated since the early 1980s and need to be dozed. There were nasty stains on the carpet and rusty water (and a moth) came out of our bathtup spigot. The concrete block walls accent the 25 year old furniture and television perfectly. The old wooden door could have been broken in by any sassy 5-year-old with a swift kick - AVOID.

We enjoyed the spa for one evening and then got a refund for the second night and went to Branson. There are many cabins and private properties for rent in the area which I will choose from on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2004

Been to Hillhigh Hotel, Spa and Golf? Share your experiences!