“A fantastic fond!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edwardian Inn/Allin House

Edwardian Inn/Allin House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helena
Edwardian Inn/Allin House
You added Edwardian Inn/Allin House to your Saves list
317 Biscoe, Helena, AR 72342   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Helena B&B and Inns
“A fantastic fond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I had been in Clarksdale visiting & needed a place last minute. Edwardian was close enough & the nicest. We were so delighted w/everything about the place & our host was kind w/a great sense of humor. Room #9 is gorgeous, comfy king bed, great view w/mini sun room. Don't miss it if passing thru & it's worth the 30min drive to stay if visiting Clarksdale

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife stayed here for the rockabilly festival and could not believe how affordable the accommodations were, especially considering how beautifully restored and well keep this place is. The breakfast was cooked as you were ready each morning and both mornings it was beyond anything we wwould have ever expected. As we headed home, we drove by the casino, just across the river in MS. My wife and I both chuckled at what some our friends had paid for a hotel room, when this B&B was less than two miles away. We stayed in room 5, everything worked, it was quite and near spotless! Of course it's always a bonus to make new friends at breakfast and their Breafast room is set up in a manner to encourage guest to visit, if they want.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a delight this hotel was. My husband and I recently stayed here for three nights. As an English visitor I was enthralled by the history and the decor of the house. We were very comfortable in the John Hancock room and it met our every expectation. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and our host/chef Dana was a brilliant cook. I enjoyed everything he served, especially the English scones.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautiful Large Rooms with matching baths. Free Internet. Nice place for soiree among huge magnolia trees. Breakfast made from scratch !! I thought I heard the shower curtain sweep back when I first fell off to sleep, but my husband said he had left it that way~so , no ghosts :)

Room Tip: Room 5 was Lovely..there was an outdoor honeymoon suite that was very tempting..
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My wife just had wrist surgery so I wanted to take her someplace very special where she could quietly relax and rest. We took upstairs room #5 which appears to be a very popular choice. It was the original owners favorite and story goes he liked to sit up there and keep an eye on his steamboats as they plowed the river around Helena. Breakfasts were wonderful and a delightful way to spoil my wife. We lazily walked the historic Cherry Street District, spent way too much in some of the antique and specialty shops, strolled the bricked walkway on top of the levee, and had the Blues Museum in the restored Railroad Depot all to ourselves. People here are genuine and very friendly which is definitely an added plus. Make sure you try to catch the live radio broadcast of Sonny Payne's "It's King Biscuit Time" at 12:15 in the Blues Visitor Center on Cherry Street. Do not miss touring the Pillow- Thompson House for a real treat back in time to the Victorian Era. The Edwardian is everything we could hope for and much, much more. We will be returning again and again.

Room Tip: Room #5 is the most popular but next time we will try to splurge and get room #9 because it has a li...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The view from the outside is beautiful, but not as beautiful as the rooms themself. The foyer was decorated in Christmas when we arrived and it got us into the festive mood. For some reason, it just felt like home. The Hosts/Owners were pleasant and accomodating. The breakfasts were second to none. The room, the bed, and the facilities were great. We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: If what you are looking for is a king size bed, it is available. If you are looking for two queens...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my first stay at a B&B. The hosts very accomodating. Lynn and Dana made our stay fantastic with a home cooked breakfast and were very friendly. The actual house is beautiful and I felt like I was stepping back in time. I certainly recommend the Edwardian and want to frequent it again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the third floor Father Marquette room which was quiet and a nice getaway from the rest...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Edwardian Inn/Allin House? Share your experiences!