“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Heber Springs
Amory, Mississippi
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had a spacious and clean room. Our bed was REALLY comfortable. The breakfast was good. It's a very convenient location to the lake. It is just before the dam site rec area where the cliffs are.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Haltom City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Its nice to see all the nice reviews and I am totally sure they are nice folks cause in all my travels Ive never come across as friendly people as are in Arkansas...and Im from Texas the friendly state. This hotel was clean, it should be since 3 ladies clean each room together during my stay. Im surprised at the off season rate of $86.00. I went back to Heber to visit my mother who is ailing since it doubles as a summer resort and a senior living community, But September and has rooms for $86.00 and up? Motel 6 or 8 or red roof inn would slaughter this hotel in a heart beat and there is a Holiday inn coming soon which will be around $69 to $99 on average. There was no goody bag or snacks or sodas available. The clerk told me that the machines were independently owned and were sold out all week. The hotel is also independently owned so I was totally surprised it didnt have any flair since I received the same service as an urban area. It is perfect to stay in a pinch and if budget is no option. I had to drive to walmart to get water. The breakfast was very nice with the mixture of hot and cold breakfast options. The parking spaced were too narrow since it seemed every car in the lot was an oversized pick up truck with telescoping mirrors. Ask for a room away from the stairs, they are metal and you will hear every step someone makes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is not a 4 or even 3 star hotel but you won't find one within 50 miles. We were there for a weekend of fishing and wanted a clean, convenient place. This met all expectations.

The rooms are large, clean and in a safe location. They serve continental breakfast with a hot entry. It is normal chain hotel fare.

We saw the other hotels as we drove around town and are glad we picked this one!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Well, I stayed their with my family the first time during my senior year of highschool, before they became the Quality Inn, and we loved it. We stayed again in 2004 with my husband, my parents, my sis and my cousin and we LOVED it. The service is wonderful. They were more than accomodating(we had reservations somewhere else that turned out to be NASTY so we woke up the next morning and headed to Quality Inn since it was the only place we knew) We were so happy we did, they gave us rooms immediately. The rooms were so clean, the pool is nice and the staff is so sweet. I plan on going again this summer, this time with my parents again, my husband, and our two girls. They will love it. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. And you can't beat the affordability.

Stayed August 2004
south arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

My mother and I visited the small town of Heber Springs, AR for the first time this week. There weren't many hotels / motels to choose from in the area, so we opted for the Quality Inn. It's locale is on the outskirts of town, but not so far as to be inconvenient. It would be the perfect place to stay during a summer visit because Greer's Ferry Lake is practically in their back yard.
Our room, for which we paid $86.00 a night with Mom's AARP discount, was impeccably clean. All of the furniture and appliances appeared new and were in good working order. The room we stayed in included 2 very comfortable double beds, cable tv, a coffee maker with a selection of coffee and tea in both full and decaff, a hair dryer, an iron and ironing board, and high speed wireless internet access.
The continental breakfast was also satisfying. A selection of coffee, juices, fruit, cheese, muffins, pop tarts, cold cereals, bagels with cream cheese, small yogurt cups, individually packaged microwaveable sausage and biscuits, breakfast burrittos, and several other items were offered.
The staff were all friendly and provided excellent service. I would definately stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price, $86.00 was a bit more than I expected to pay during the off season
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

I lost my dad in a car accident in October of last year. We had to get a hotel room that night to make arrangements for his funeral. Later, the majority of my family stayed there for visitation and the funeral. They were wonderful. Very caring and even gave a special rate. WE LOVED THIS PLACE. They made a tragic experience a little more bearible. The rooms were VERY clean and looked like they had recently been remodled. There was even a kitchenette!

• Liked — The LARGE rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Olive Branch, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

Stayed weekend of 6/8/07. The front desk ladies at this motel were wonderful. Very sweet and helpful. They were more than willing to suggest nice restaurants and gave us a travel book on things to do and see. Different marinas, hiking, camping, directions, etc. This was also very close to a marina which is why we stayed there. Our room was larger than I had expected. We booked a NS-King and had a pull out sofa and a larger bath also. It was overall a nice weekend stay. The continental breakfast was decent but they ran out of milk and we were told they were getting more and then put it all away. Definately would stay again though.

• Liked — Friendliness of people
  • Disliked — Continental breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Heber Springs? Share your experiences!