“Journey with in your nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Journey With Inn
120 E. Main Street, Heber Springs, AR 72543   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Heber Springs
Gravel Ridge, Arkansas
“Journey with in your nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband and I took a bike trip to Heber and decided to stay the night. For $50 bucks a night you would think the rooms would be clean but they are horrible!!!!! They have no ice machine. We had to buy cleaning supplies to wipe down the whole room, it smelled disgusting like a full ashtray, we had to kill a lot of flies and I had to change the sheets. Not to mention that there was not thermostat in the room so the A/C ran all night which would have been ok if I wasn't afraid to cover up with the blanket. This was the worst night of sleep I ever had.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Heber Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

You get what you pay for. Don't let the pictures fool you. Heber Springs is a vacation spot so book early so you don't have to stay here as a last resort. Upon walking in I washed all the bedding bought new towels and clean supplies. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I liked.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
memphis, tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed one night and it was all we could stand. We could only find accomadations on the other side of the lake, but it was worth it to get away from this dump. The AC barely functioned.
The rooms are old, stale and scary. We were SO fortunate as to be be next door to the resident manager who stayed up til midnight with her TV too loud to allow sleep. Constant flow of her cigarette smoke also vented into our room. I would not recommend this room for even the desperate. Drive back to Searcy or anywhere else to find a clean place to stay.

Stayed August 2008
Sedona Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

Heber Springs is an old style town, and the Journey Withinn, has good home hospitality to match. Theres plenty of parking, its well lit, but most importantly, our room had mints on the pillows, fluffy clean towels, and smelled of fresh cut roses. Checking other hotels in the area.. there were a few name brand choices, but when it comes down to price.. They have the most fair price, and treat you like family. We actually arrived at 2 am, and woke up the manager on duty, who happilly stubbled out of bed to give us a bed for the night. When we got into our room, it had a kitchette, looked professionally clean, and I love the style. It may be an older hotel, but was quite quaint, cozy, and felt like home. The summers are hot in Heber, but this hotel definately kept us cool with the AC. I give it my two thumbs up, and recommend it to anyone who asks.

• Liked — The friendly staff, and cozy cool room
  • Disliked — I cant think of a thing.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beardstown,Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

I had a great stay, and would recommed it if you like clean rooms and great prices!

• Liked — The rooms were clean
  • Disliked — Going up stairs
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

The worst motel I have stayed in in the UNITED STATES, and I was in the military and have been all over the US. Over priced, under kept, and should be shut down. Also they rent by the week for immigrant workers.

• Stayed June 2006
Spring Hill, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

We stayed at the Journey With Inn with another couple for a long weekend on the lake in June 2006. We requested two non-smoking rooms at the time we made our reservation, and were told that all rooms were smoking rooms, but were cleaned thoroughly after each guest checked out.

We arrived a few minutes before the office closed at 10 PM and checked in, with a few problems; one credit card was charged an incorrect amount, and it took quite a few minutes to fix that and pay for our second night. After getting checked in, we checked out our rooms.

The rooms were very small, which we expected. The kitchenette was acceptable, but the fridge was unplugged, and over the course of the weekend, never got cool enough to keep milk at a safe temperature, even turned as high as it would go. There was a lone Twinkie in one of the cabinets that looked like it had been there since the late 1980's. I left it as a gift for the next tenant.

The bathroom was TINY. I can't think of a good adjective that means "a lot smaller than tiny", so I'm not sure if you're getting the picture here. Maybe 4 feet by 5 feet. Stand-up shower that was approximately 2x2. If you dropped the soap, you had to OPEN THE DOOR to bend down to retrieve it.... It was obvious that the tile was very old and not well-maintained, but at least the bathroom was clean.

The bed area barely accommodated the bed, which was surprisingly comfortable, the upright chest of 4 drawers, and the 20" TV and stand. The entire room reeked of stale smoke. When we arrived home, our luggage and clothes smelled of smoke. It was pretty bad.

There was a connecting door between our room and the next; the door on our side *had* a lock, but it didn't actually LOCK. Out of curiousity, I opened the door. On the other side was a corresponding door, with a peephole carved through it at about waist level. Nice. We kept the upholstered armchair pushed against the door all weekend.

The pool that they advertise was not in evidence. Apparently, it had been filled in to make more parking. Which is a good thing, because there were approximately 12 parking spaces for the ENITRE motel. Our second day, we had to move our car because a truck with a large boat on a trailer needed to park, which took up about 5 of the spaces.

To sum up this (rather long) review, I doubt that we will return to the Journey With Inn. The pictures on their website look nice, but don't be fooled. If you can afford it, stay somewhere else. This is one Journey I wish I hadn't taken.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Journey With Inn? Share your experiences!