“Best hotel in Hardy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Hardy
Saint Louis
“Best hotel in Hardy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed in one other hotel in the Hardy area and the Best Western is definitely the better of the two. The room was comfortable, the air conditioning worked perfectly, and I appreciated the free wi-fi. On the minus side, the meager trickle of water out of the shower never ceases to be a big irritant to me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwvillage, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Village Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Mr James B, I thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and compliments and also would like to thank you for choosing our property during your stay in Hardy, AR. We appreciate communication like yours so that we can improve our services on a continuous basis.
After checking our system, the technicians determined that the problem of the low water pressure is not on our property, so the water department are looking into the problem on their end.

I apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Hope to see you soon.

Nimmi

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Springfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is our choice of the many motels in the area when we are visiting family northern Arkansas. The rooms are clean, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I spent quite a bit of time living in motels for my work, and the BW in Hardy, Arkansas was more than up to my expectations. All at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwvillage, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Village Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Ms Jane B

I sincerely thank you for choosing our property during your visits in Hardy, AR. The appreciation shown by you is definitely a booster to our management and staff, which encourages everyone to strive to give off their best.

We look forward to serving you and your family and friends in the future and hope to exceed your expectations.

Thanking you.

Nimmi Desai
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was less than adequate--it smelled strongly of some kind of deodorizer (what are they trying to mask?), the faucet was broken, and the TV got stuck on one channel. And may I add that the manager is extremely nosy about the business of her guests. Stay here in an emergency only.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
bwvillage, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Village Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Foodie l....thank you for your review. It would help if we knew which room you stayed in, so that we can check out the problems you are referring to you. You must not have noticed the automatic air freshner in the room, this is NOT to mask anything. If you found it strong we would've gladly removed it from it's encasement. The TV was not stuck on one channel. We have digital cable TV and instructions are in the room on how to operate the TV, and you could've called the front desk for assistance as well. Sorry you chose not to do that either.
The manager is nosy about her guest's business? Excuse me Sir/Ma'am, if we show concern for a guest in a very humane manner and if you consider that being nosy then I guess my manager is nosy.
Give us a call and let us know which room you stayed in and when, so that we can figure out in which manner my manager was nosy!

Riverside, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Sink and bath room have mildew and mole around the trims. Hotel used left over soap bottles from previous customer. Hot breakfast pan cake was prepared, put in a plastic box and left it cold. Towels are very old. Carpet is old and worn out, not like other Best Western that I have previously stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Memphis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best Western Village Inn is my second home. The folks here are so warm and friendly, such good country style hospitality that I don't miss my home. We come here often as a group for our business and leisure acitivities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed overnight in Hardy on a business trip. Very friendly greeting. Very clean room. Satellite tv was horrible. Very comfy bed. Spacious bathroom with large tub. Modest breakfast, everything was fresh. The highway in front of the inn is a noisy one. I bid on this hotel off Priceline for $42 and with taxes $55 total. Glad to pay for the cleanliness, breakfast, and I'm not a huge TV fan in the first place.

Room Tip: Stayed in #206, noisy highway in front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bwvillage, Manager at BEST WESTERN Village Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear KGBNFX

Thank you for choosing our property during your business trip in Hardy, AR. We do appreciate your comments, compliments and concerns, which guides us in improving our customer service to our very valuable guests.

I have made a note to assign you a room away from the highway during your future visits to Hardy, AR.

I also take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Manager
Carthage, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Rooms small, over priced. Lady that checked me in next morning was in her sleep clothes opening breakfast. Went in the back and Never returned. Nobody at front desk or breakfast the whole time 30 min was up there. Breakfast was all packaged stuff still in wrapper. Window unit compressor is going out made bad noise and just shut off because nobody to tell about the problem

Room Tip: Not on the back side a/c unit does not work
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bwvillage, Manager at BEST WESTERN Village Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Ms Lori B

Thank you for choosing our location during your trip via Hardy, AR. We also thank you for your comments.

Sorry that you found the room small. Overpriced? Your reservation was made for ONE person only. Upon check-in you were asked how many people and you confirmed FOUR people, because I had seen the four people, including yourself. So naturally we would charge for four people. At an employee rate, $54.26 is certainly not overpriced.

I was not on duty that morning and I did not come in to open breakfast. I had come in to take breakfast for me to eat and a fleece outfit with a sweater is not considered night clothes. I had also asked you if you wanted pancakes, since I had already made a plate for myself. My morning clerk had breakfast well-stocked and she was on the property doing some work. For the convenience of our guests, we do have a large sign on the front desk counter for guests to DIAL 0 for help. We also have two phones for this convenience, one on the front desk counter and one on the wall. Both in view of guests. Sorry you chose not to use this service.

Please note that all our breakfast is not served in wrappers. Only the breakfast burritos with egg, sausage and cheese and the biscuits with sausage are served in wrappers. These are prepared to be COOKED IN THE WRAPPERS. There are clear instructions on these wrappers.

We got a technician to check the HVAC and he found nothing wrong with it. In fact, this room has been rented daily after you checked out and nobody has complained about it. So it is difficult to pinpoint what problem you had with the unit, but I do thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will closely monitor this unit.

I thank you for your concerns and comments.

Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Village Inn? Share your experiences!