“Great Value For Great Little Place” 5 of 5 stars

Frontier Motor Lodge
1948 Highway 63, Hardy, AR 72542   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hardy B&B and Inns
Michigan
“Great Value For Great Little Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my two children (11 yrs old and 6mos) while my wife had to stay home to work. I arrived in the late evening (as I had arranged when making the reservations) and was pleased to find that they had turned the air conditioning prior to our arrival so that the room was already up to a comfortable temperature.

We had a room with double Full/Queen size beds and I was very impressed by the fact that there was still enough room to set up the Pack & Play for my son to sleep in and still had room to maneuver through the room. The Room was equipped with a mini fridge/freezer, coffee maker, and a small television with Direct TV and a large assortment of channels including movie channels. The bathroom was pretty good sized and had newer laminate flooring which was only one of the recent renovations, others include newer bedding and fresh paint. The shower was quite good sized and had plenty of room.

The beds were very comfortable and had what seemed to be a variety of firmness in the pillows. They offered a continental breakfast which we unfortunately did not eat, but from what I heard from other guest it was very good.

Overall, I would have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable stays I have had in quite some time.I can't wait to go back down and stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Ramrod Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had a wonderful 5 night stay, at a price that is almost unheard of these days. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the air conditioner had no problem with quietly defeating the 95 degree heat. There was also a small coffeepot (with coffee!), as well as a fridge actually big enough to hold lots of local goodies. The owners are involved in an on-going project of improvements and updating. Knowing what this property was like about 40 years ago, I give them kudos for what they have accomplished so far. The room rate included a free breakfast - consider yourself lucky if Diane is making waffles - yum! This is a real "mom and pop" operation, don't expect the corporate carbon copy type of property. I arrived in the middle of the night and they didn't mind staying up waiting for me to appear. Diane and Richard made me feel welcome from checkin to checkout. Don't expect a luxury property, but if you want a really good value for your dollar and to be treated as a person and not a room number, this is the place. I'm looking forward to going back again. Patti

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Although the owners are extremely friendly, the motel itself is in EXTREME need of updates and a good cleaning! We checked in and stayed only 1 night and I didnt sleep the entire evening the sheets were see through, the bedspread was so stained it was disgusting, the toilet held up by a board, the shower head so low on the wall that I had to bend down to use it and I am only 5'2 , I could go on and on.

The most DISTURBING thing was the blood that we found on the side of the bed and on a blanket under the sheet..that was it I then knew nothing had been washed properly or perhaps at all!

Owners very nice...but NOT so nice that I would stay again....sorry! Those that rated it prior must not have an expectation of clean that's all I can say.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

This is an older motel, and yes, you get an actual key for your room. The rooms are small, but our family of four spent almost a week there and survived. Our room had 2 full size beds. I prefer firm pillows and ended up purchasing one at a nearby Walmart because theirs just didn't have the support I wanted. It was nice to actually have sheets that smelled clean.

As far as cleanliness. Overall, I was comfortable staying there. Bedding, sink, toilet and shower were all very clean. There was some dust on the tv and along the baseboards (rather thick along the baseboards), but the motel is located right on the highway. You could tell that the room had been vacuumed, but the vacuum just didn't get up along the baseboards.

Sink was right in the room at the end of one of the beds. Wall air conditioner worked great. We also had a coffee pot, fridge, satellite tv, and free wi-fi. There was one office-type chair in our room, no desk or table (there wasn't room).

One pleasant surprise was how quiet it was. Even though the highway was right out front, traffic didn't keep any of us awake. Walls must be pretty thick because we didn't hear anything from any of our neighbors aside from an occasional wall bump. The rooms are non-smoking, but there are chairs outside of the rooms for those that wish to smoke.

Owners were very, very nice and helpful. They even gave us information about places to eat, etc. They eagerly attended to our needs. We asked about an iron (none in the room) and the owner said she had one that we could use.

Continental breakfast was very good. Cereal, sweet rolls, bagels, fruit, biscuits and gravy, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, and juice.

There were a few bugs. But, the motel is in the country and that is to be expected. We had a couple of spiders and a couple of gnats in our room, but no nasty bugs. I always check for bed bugs and I'm happy to report there were none found.

The best description I could give would be to think of "lake cottage" in a motel room. For the price, it was well worth a couple of minor inconveniences (smaller room and a couple of spiders). Even though my two teenagers were disappointed at first, they both ended up saying that they would stay there again.

They offered a BBQ grill and horseshoe pits out front.

One more note: We noticed a for sale sign in the yard out front, but the owners still were excellent hosts!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I am a retired veteran and enjoyed my recent trip to Hardy Ar. The frontier Motor Lodge staff was very helpful and friendly. I stayed two weeks and came as a visitor and left as a friend. Thank You Guys. Paul

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Not really knowing where to stay in Hardy Ar, I found this little Motor Lodge on the internet and their site looked like a quaint little place to stay. It was a few miles out of town but the drive is nice and pleasant. The folks running this place are very friendly and obliging to help you with your stay. The room was small, (but remember this was an older motor lodge from days past). Although they are smaller rooms they are comfortable, the bed was excellent, the TV reception was great, the bathroom clean as was the room itself. The room had Direct TV, a phone, a small fridge and coffee maker. They do have a continental breakfast in the morning that was excellent.

We will go back to Hardy for shopping and to attend their local country show in town again and will definitely again stay at the Frontier Motor Lodge...

Could not have asked for a better place to stay.

frontiermotorlodgehardy.com

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Frontier Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!