“Wedding venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Biggers Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hardy
Biggers Bed & Breakfast
You added Biggers Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
20 Bluff Road, Hardy, AR 72452   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hardy B&B and Inns
Hardy, Arkansas, United States
“Wedding venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Janet and Shannon were absolutley magnificent with planning my daughter's wedding. We had the ceremony & reception along with lodging for the groom's family members. Janet was helpful with all the arrangements. The food was superb and the venue was perfect for us. The accomadations were also remarkable as the wedding party could get ready on site and family members could relax while waiting for the wedding.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I first visited Bigger's last year. I had been to a couple of other bed and breakfasts; therefore i expected a house with several rooms and very little privacy. However, I discovered that at Bigger's this was not the case. They have the main house, but they also have the bigger suites. We stayed in a suite.

The suite had a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, walk in shower, microwave, refrigerator and a view that made us feel as though we were the only two people on earth. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I can't conclude this review without talking about the food. It was amazing. The steak was cooked perfectly and the seasoning was impeccable. The next morning for breakfast there was an assortment of beverages and we had stuffed french toast.

My husband and I have been back several times since that first visit. Bigger's has become our home away from home. Janet and Keith (the owners) have certainly found their calling. They are very hospitable and spoil us rotten. We have come to love them and consider them dear friends.

I love having a place to go to relax. It seems as though time actually stops at Bigger's and all the stress of everyday life just melts away. I can't wait until my next stay.

Marion, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at BIggers Bluff for a romantic weekend for her birthday. We felt like we were at a 5 star resort. The restaurant was superb, best steaks I have ever had. Room was a luxury sweet with every ammenity. Could not have asked for a nicer stay. We will be back

West Memphis, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Bigger's was the first B&B my wife and I had ever visited. I assumed it was going to have 3 or 4 bedrooms and a community dining table where we would be forced to sit and listen to conversations about knitting and recent trips to the doctor's office.
What we found instead was our new home away from home. There is no other place we would rather be on the rare occasion that I have a weekend off. The view from the gazebo is relaxing to say the least, but sitting on the top of the bluff, on the grass, while playing my guitar was one of the most memorable moments of my life.

The restaurant... I can't begin to say enough about their steak. It's heavenly. The sunroom (it's kind of like a very large glassed in patio with an amazing view) hosts my favorite dining table on the planet. Also, somehow we were given magically replenishing drink glasses. I never saw the host (Keith) refill my glass... I would just turn around and it would be full again.

They even let me take over one of the tables to finish up some work. (what a view to get work done)... see pic.

My wife and I have stayed in 5 different rooms there now. Each room has it's pluses, to list a few:
Shangri-la - the most comfortable bad
River Vista - the best view
Outback - closest to the pool and jacuzzi (which are always clean)

I met Janet for the first time while checking in last Oct. Since then, she and Keith have become like family. I've never met two people who were better suited for the hospitality industry. I have stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels worldwide and have never been more comfortable than I am at Bigger's. We love these people and you will too. If you're staying anywhere near Hardy drive a little further and make it Bigger's.

Room Tip: River Vista has the best view, but Sheffield is the most secluded and has the best hot tub.
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Although the location is fantastic, grounds are pretty, gazebo is lovely, and main house is rustic and interesting, the room itself left a lot to be desired.

We stayed in the Eagles Nest for 2 nights. It's plusses: it's big room that overlooks the pool and hot tub and offers a gorgeous view of the river and the sunset. Downsides: some of the trim on the baseboards needed to be repaired, burned out light bulbs made the room very dark, the ceiling fan was mounted in an odd place (on one side of the bed, not centered over the bed), the window A/C unit was loud and was on constantly, the mattress was quite hard, complementary toiletries were sparse (1 small bottle of shampoo, 1 small bar of glycerine soap, no bath soap). I didn't care for the satin duvet cover and draperies...felt a bit cheesy and did not support the attempt at a golf-themed room.

The two biggest issues: (1) There was no housekeeping service after our first night's stay. Don't get me wrong, I can make a bed, but for $170/night, I expect the bedsheets to be changed, towels replaced, and toiletries (albeit sparse to begin with) replenished . (2) We were asked to pay for our stay at check in..odd. The reason, it makes check-out easy. I would have preferred to pay at the time of check out, but that was not an option.

We had breakfast one morning - it was delicious. French toast with bacon, fresh fruit was available as were juices and coffee.

Overall, it was an average experience. The people were very, very nice but the quality of the accommodations and the room-related service we received for $170/night were below par.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Upon arrival our family was met by a desk clerk that had the most crabby disposition. She grilled us about smoking and how there would be a $250.00 charge if the room had been smoked in even the slightest bit. She did not even bother to ask us if we were smokers first, she just started in on us. A bit shocked we headed to our room. Our room was mediocre at best. There was a strong moldy smell, like that of a wet dog. The room was damp like someone had been running a humidifier in there for to long, the humidity was like breathing soup. I guess if it was a $50.00 a night stay it might be worth it, however their prices do not reflect the poor quality. This place is definately over priced and over rated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My fiance' and I had never stayed at a B&B before. We were very impressed. The inn keeper was extremely friendly, even though we were very late checking in. The breakfast the next morning was yummy (although my fiance does not eat eggs); the coffee creamer options were extensive... I also loved that the pool and hot tub were not "closed after 9pm". We plan to return to Hardy each summer and I hope that we can always stay at Biggers Bluff Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Biggers Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!