“Mediocre at best” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
cakelady83
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is more of an institution in a small town than a place you go to get great food. The food is good country cookin'. Some dishes are a little bland. The fish on friday is really good, though. I wouldn't waste any money on dessert. Well, there's really no place in this small town to get good dessert, though. It's just ok.

Visited June 2012

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Plate lunches and Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Forget the diet unless you have massive will power. We had a great lunch here with fried mushrooms followed by plate lunches and coconut cream pie with three inches of meringue. We traded bites around the table and we loved everything. Roast beef was tender and slightly salty and I suspected most of the dishes may have had some bacon grease flavor which I loved. Pinto beans made me wish I had opted for the corn bread instead of the soft, fresh roll. Green beans had chunks of ham and onions for flavor. The carrots were what my sister called "real" carrots sliced up and cooked with butter. The fried okra was perfectly breaded and fried crisp. My brother-in-law loved his big bacon cheesburger with hand cut fries. I was thinking $9 might have been high for a small town diner lunch but I was stll stuffed at dinner time and I will never bypass the Wagon Wheel on the way through Greenbrier at lunch time again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berryville, Arkansas
“Great old-time home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have eaten here more than a dozen times. Breakfast is complete and cheap, lunches will fill you up, the service is outstanding, but leave your credit cards outside. Nice old-time diner like it used to be.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Little Rock
“Great home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Just had a great lunch. Plate lunches come with 3 side, but save room for a slice of pie.

Tennessee
“Mom/Pop diner with great food and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

When traveling, we look for local, non-chain restaurants that have a packed parking lot. This means the food will probably be good. We were not disappointed when we made a last second decision to try the Wagon Wheel. The prices were very reasonable. A burger with fries was under $5 and this was a huge burger! My husband got a bacon/cheddar burger, but they forgot the bacon. So after we all laughed, the nice waitress went back, and I heard her call for some bacon to go on the bacon/cheddar burger. She brought 5 thick-cut strips of bacon. My husband put 3 on his burger, then handed the last 2 to me. I took 1 then put the other back for him. Then I took a bite. It was the best bacon I’ve ever tasted…and I eat bacon all the time. I quickly grabbed the last piece of bacon and savored it! I got a Trailblazer sandwich which was almost like a Philly except the meat was so much better. This was no deli style meat. This was your Grandma’s roast cut up and put on a bun with cheese and sautéed onions. Will definitely stop there again when in the area.

• Visited April 2012