“Excellent safari-chic camp” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sango Safari Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moremi Game Reserve
Sango Safari Camp
You added Sango Safari Camp to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Khwai Concession, Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana   |
Ottawa
“Excellent safari-chic camp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Outstanding safari experience. This is a small camp catering to a maximum of 12 guests, with a 2:1 ratio of staff to guests! My guide "Face" was fantastic. He understood my requirements as a photographer to get the best angles for shooting. And his eagle-eye...get this: he spotted a lion 400m away with only its 2 front paws visible in the air while the lion slept on his back!

The camp will go out of there way to accommodate your needs. For example, I wanted to do a safari on my last day, but also needed to on my way prior to normal safari end. So they sent out a vehicle to pick me up in the field, brought me back, cooked a special breakfast for me and sent me on my way with a pack lunch. And they accompanied me to the stream crossing to ensure I successfully navigated the meter plus deep water.

Yup, these guys get (or should I say give?) exceptional service. To be sure, you pay dearly for it, but it's nice to know they give you want you pay for.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ames, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This was truly a remarkable experience, and the staff at Sango camp were great! I loved the atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

It wasn't just the many leopards, mating hippos, kori bustards, the eagle-eyed guide OT, it was everything. The camp has an eye for detail, that's what makes it exceptional. Lovely lights at night, a campfire, flashlights for when you walk to your luxurious tent. The singing Khwai people, we just loved it all. The safari's are in small groups and as the camp has only 6 tents, you dine together at one long table.

Stayed April 2012
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Absolutely outstanding. There is a small sinister part of me that wants to say bad things so this wildlife heaven doesn't become too busy but I just can't. We were fortunate to spend 3 months travelling in Africa and this was without a question the highlight. The hospitality was first rate, the quality of the guides was tremendous and the wildlife encounters were unforgettable. The Sango's have put together a first rate operation that deserves nothing but praise!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is what being on safari should be like!!

I've been on safari a couple of time before, due to my work related destination. However, Botswana was a totally unique experience. Having the opportunity to discover the delta by foot, 4x4 and boat was amazing.

We got to see lots of game during our 2 night stay here. The night time game drive was well worth getting cold for....
Our stay was made comfy by Judge (the manager) Joel (our guide) & dickson (our jr guide). All the staff were very friendly and food was of high standard.

I would recommend sango camp when visiting the delat.
I found the camp inexpensive but of high quality! great value for money.

Room Tip: All the rooms the same. We could hear hippo's out side during the night!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights with 6 people in this camp. The 2 brothers and the staff made sure that we had a great time. The tents are very luxures and although it was wintertime and cold at night they made sure that we had everything for warm and comfy nights.
Because we were with 6 people we could decided what and when we wanted to do the safari's and boattrips. We had no other people with us on the game drives.
Face made sure that we had the best safari's and he took all time to find the wildlife (although he had a bad cold and felt sick). Even on the way back and in the dark he was still trying to find animals. That's when we also saw the wilde dogs.
The staff really spoiled us with everything they had to offer. They are proud of their wildlife and their country. That was good to see.
I can advise this camp to everyone!

Room Tip: All 6 tents are the same
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Of the 4 camps we stayed throughout the Delta, Sango was the cleanest and nicest but that was also because it was the newest. I got my first night of good sleep at this camp in days, beds are very comfortable. The food is excellent. We didn't see as much game here as some of the other camps but as anyone will tell you, game viewing at any camp is all about luck, one day you see lots, other days you don't see much.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sango Safari Camp? Share your experiences!