“Drunk people, dirty, demaged” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Restaurant Catimar

You added Hotel Restaurant Catimar to your Saves list
Hotel Restaurant Catimar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Principal de Puerto Viejo, Catia La Mar 1162, Venezuela   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Catia La Mar
Merida, Venezuela
“Drunk people, dirty, demaged”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I traveled with my famiy (two kids and my wife).
During evenings the pepole uses to smoke in corridors.
From 12 to 3 am drunk people making noise in corridors and even trying to open your door!
The shower have fungi shadows everywhere and all woody pieces are broken.
I got a password stealer in the WLAN, allways slow when working.
Please, make you a favor: find some were else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

To start with the coach was two hours late to pick us up at Caracas airport, when we asked for an explanation the driver completely lost the plot. Further to this the rooms are extremely bland and the hotel itself is located in a virtual no go area. The food and service in the restaurant was to be fair horrendous. After a sleepless night due to guests fighting throughout the night, the builders and cleaners decided to wake us up with an orchestrated boom and crash...I asked for my money back like the others and was threatened with the police....Please don't make the same mistake as we did and stay here, it really is a truly horrific experience and was a terrible end to a fantastic holiday.

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Catia La Mar hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We had one nights stay in Caracas to kick off our trip in Venezuela and this hotel was perfect for our needs. The staff were great and while we tried our best to speak Spanish, some of the staff spoke very good English which was a great bonus. The rooms are basic but have everything you need. There is also free internet access in the lobby. The restaurant had some good grub and the staff in the restaurant were great. We were kindly offered to try some of the local spirits during our beer drinking session and we had good fun with the staff. The staff behind the bar made our stay in Hotel Catimar and would certainly recommend it for the staff alone. It's a standard hotel close to the airport so it's ideal for a stopover. Get to know the staff and you'll have fun here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I booked this hotel online with an agent and paid up front. We arrived at the airport at 11PM and weren't picked up as advertised. We took a taxi through a terrible part of town arriving with a prepaid voucher and asked to pay another $180 for the room. Nothing worked in the tiny cramped room. The following morning our ride to the airport, also prepaid, didn't happen and the taxi drive went to the wrong airport costing more. The same exact events occured on our return trip the following weekend. The staff were of NO help at all. In fact, very poor advice regarding the airport tax cost me US$100 out of pocket. In a city like Caracas this is a very poor choice of hotel and it would be worth it to pay extra to stay away from this establishment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I traveled with my mom and nephew we live in Miami, FL USA. We arrived too late to head to our final destination by car, and since unfortunately things in this country are getting so dagerous lately, been advised by friends natives from this country not to drive at night. Like I always do every time I travel, search a hotel at tripadvisor, and thanks to previous reviews stayed at this place. There was a person wating for us at the airport, he took us to the hotel, spent the night there and left the next morning. Is simple, clean and super cheap. If you must stay at La Guaira this is a "safe and cheap" choise.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I recently stayed in this hotel as I had to catch an early Flight to Los roques, I was a bit worried about some of the bad reviews i found online but I have to say that the Hotel has been refurbished and it's really good, The room I had was nice and clean, telephone and Flat TV screen, the bathroom was new and in good condition, the furniture was new, I didn't hear any noises, they offer a shuttle Bus service to the airport (extra charge) and they were on time and only 5 min drive to the airport, I didn't try the restaurant. I would recommend this Hotel if you need to go to the airport is nearby and good facilities.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

This was a very basic hotel in not the most desirable location but it is a few minutes from the Caracas airport. I didn't want to take any chances on missing a flight the following day and thus ended up here. The rooms are as stated in other reviews..but my experience was that they were crude but clean. You could hear a motor all night and if you open the curtain you have a view of a brick wall. The bathroom was very basic and lacked hot water but I found this to be the standard in Venezuela.

The hotel restaurant is a good place to dine or have a few drinks. I also went to the restaurant across the steet (on the dirty beach) and had a good experience. The neighborhood is somewhat suspect so I wouldn't wonder too far from the property, especially given the crime situation in the country. There is also a free internet connection at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Restaurant Catimar? Share your experiences!