My biggest gripe about the Marriott is the price. It is so incredibly expensive by world standards.
Erasing the nightly room rate from my mind… I was actually pretty impressed with this hotel. My expectations were quite low, so that might have helped. A few highlights:
* Service – While not terribly friendly, staff were very efficient and did exactly what they needed to do.
* Rooms – Really comfortable – could have been in any Marriott in the world
* Food – Expensive, but not as bad as I feared. They didn’t seem to have an English ‘a la carte’ menu, except the “Flight Crew menu”. An interesting observation on the obvious small number of non-Spanish visitors the hotel receives. Really enjoyed the outdoor bar area at night (beers not too expensive at around US$7 each). Also, the breakfast was great!
* Concierge – Arranged a car and driver for us, as we wanted to go into downtown Caracas.
* Location – Caracas is a difficult city to visit, and it makes absolutely no sense to stay the night downtown unless you need to. The Marriott is about a 15 minute drive from the airport – absolutely perfect
* Security – Given this is Caracas, I was expecting very tight security. But there was almost no visible security!
* Other – Really enjoyed the pool area.
* - PS: Make sure you have some local money ready for your flight out of Caracas. They increased the departure tax on the day of my flight, so we had to pay Bs 70 per ticket, in local cash. Lucky the ATM at the airport was working, as often they do not accept foreign cards.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.