For the most part, we really enjoyed our stay here. It was a nice, modern and "americanized" hotel. The rooms appear exactly as they do on the website. The suites were spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed and linens were comfortable. The bathroom was large and had a great rain shower with good pressure and hot water. The air conditioning was fantastic! You could set to low, medium or high and since we like a very cool sleeping room, it was great. A nice buffet breakfast was included and offerred a very large selection - fruits, cereals, eggs, pancakes, meats & cheeses and traditional Venezuelan selections, such as arepas. Their is a Happy Hour, that we only took advantage of once - it included some finger foods and sangria. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Given the troubles in Venezuela, it was nice to see a high security presence. The hotel is gated at night. Security was frequently seen patroling common areas and hallways. The neighborhood seemed fine, although we did not venture out being hyper-sensitive about safety. We only used a car for transportation. There were restaurants and stores close by. All of this made for a pleasant stay.
On the downside:
1) Apparently mid way through our stay, a new dance club opened around the corner. This resulted in extreme street noise from about midnight to 4am. Lots of traffic, horns, loud motorcycles, police sirens and yelling. And we were on the 11th floor and could still hear all this. Definitely ask for an upper level room. Hopefully once the novelty of this place dies down, some of the noise will too. On our last night there, we had to sleep on the pull out sofa bed in the living room since the bedroom noise had kept us awake the past 2 nights. The sofa bed actually wasn't too bad, but not something you want to be paying a hotel for.
2) The hotel has a large garden open lobby that stretches the entire 12 floors. A window on one wall offers a beautiful view of the city and mountains. The bad news is everything echoes tremendously in the open space, again creating noise. Music is played until at least 10, maybe 11pm. Faintly heard in the room, but difficult enough if you are a light sleeper or early to bed. Two nights in a row, crew were taking apart some conference displays in the lobby, creating VERY loud noise that echoed throughout the building. The first time was about 9pm and we were in disbelief. The second time happened during the Happy Hour when we were hosting a family gathering. The staff finally figured out this was annoying everyone and brought the display into a conference room for dismantling without the echo.
3) We came back to our room one morning to find the door slightly open and no cleaning staff in site. We know we didn't leave it open as we were very concerned about safety during our trip. Fortunately nothing was taken. We called the front desk and there was no apology, simply that they would follow up with the cleaning staff.
4) There is a beautiful pool area and for a modest fee, our local guests could join us for a day at the pool and this included a large lunch. Definitely a bonus. The one down side is there is a jacuzzi but it had cool water instead of warm.
Even so, we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Embassy Suites Valencia-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.