“Quiet, Charming, Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 438 Restaurants in Caracas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Caracas, Venezuela
“Quiet, Charming, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

When I go to a restaurant, I tend to evaluate it in the following order: 1.- Service, 2.- Food, 3.- Atmosphere. In Alto I did get the experience that I was looking for. When I came to the restaurant I was pleasently greeeted as we came in, giving me the sense that I was a frequent customer. Then, what we liked as we came in, was how different the design of the place was compared to most of the restaurants we have been to (quite many): high ceilings, cozy at the same time, a clean view of the kitchen without the noise (separated by a thick window shield), nice wine presentation. As we sat down we were welcome by a "on the house" glass of rosé prosecco and some tiny bites of tasting plate, for us to get accustomed to the feast to be taken. Later we had the menu, quite extensive for this type of place.
My wife and I had all three options: entree, main dish and dessert.
All dishes were very good, but the one which took the prize was the "cochinillo". Very good taste and presentation. Also the entree "ensalada catalana" was excellent. I made the choice of "fondant de queso manchego" which although very good, it is definitely a dish to share as it is big and with a strong flavor, so you can order it, but please to share, and be careful about making sure that your main dish has also a strong taste.
Finally dessert "merengon de guanabana" to share. Very nice presentation!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excelente comida. Caro, pero vale la pena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Excelente comida. Caro, pero vale la pena

Florida
“Excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Just Great

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love it but it's a little expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

I love it but it's a little expensive

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Wonderful. Excellent european food, with a clear Spanish influence. Small, beautiful place, great service. Not cheap...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

Wonderful. Excellent european food, with a clear Spanish influence. Small, beautiful place, great service. Not cheap but worth every penny.