“Just because....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas

You added Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas to your Saves list
Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Final Calle La Guairita Urb Chuao | Hotel Eurobuilding, Caracas 1010A, Venezuela   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Jakarta
“Just because....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Been stayed there two times this year. Choose this hotel bacause located next to our partner office. The hotel has 2 tower, hotel tower some room has been refurbish while suite tower more spacious. Prefer to stay in hotel tower not only becasue have jacuzi for the bathub but more tidy. Internet is free but inside the room you'll have poor wifi signal, even when staying in suite the cable data did not help.

Room Tip: Prefer stay in hotel tower, 10th fl
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I cannot believe what happened to me during my last visit on a business trip to Caracas and my unfortunate stay at the Eurobuilding Hotel. It did not matter to them that I am a frequent traveller and as such I have stayed with them before. It did not matter that I had paid 100% of my stay in advance. They seemed to have forgotten about basic service, not to mention outstanding service, it what promotes itself as a 5 star hotel.

I arrived at 1AM to a previously reserved and paid fully double room with very bulky baggage comprised of catalogs, brochures, and banners to be used in my business presentations. There was no room available per my request and was sent to a very small and old room. As I entered the room I could not stand the stuffy smell. Even worst, the sheets were dirty and still had hair form the previous user. I went back to reception and after another hour I was sent to another room, of a similar size and stuffy smell, this time with clean sheets. I was promissed I would be moved again next day. In less than 12 hours I rotated to three different rooms, with the heavy and bulky luggage I mentioned before.

The reserved conference room at the business center was no better. There were left overs (paper plates, used cups, full trash cans) from the prior user. I had to call in to have it cleaned up and service was eventually done in the presence of my clients.

After I left the hotel with my luggage, brochures, and other promotional materials (over 8 pieces in all) I noticed one of the cases containing a large banner was missing. I called the hotel, wrote them a letter explaining what had happened and emphasizing the fact that the misplaced material, including the carrying bag was of no use to anyone. Not only the bag and banner have not been retrieved, even worst, I did not get an answer from anyone in the hotel after my many calls and letter.

Room Tip: If you can avoid the hotel, please do so!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has a nice location, room are great, public areas are so crowed at nights.
Food it is nice, a little expensive.

Gym it is decent and have some space.

I asked them for extra time to check put and they gave 2 extra hours and it is great because my flight was leaving at 6:00 pm and do not want to spend all day at airport. !!!

In the mornings around 7:30 am they ran out taxis and have to wait long time or take a public taxi

On Check-in too crowed and many people on queue and only 2 guys on front desk doing all this.

I paid for a standar room and it is great !!!

Room Tip: Have El Avila mountain view room it is great but also it is next to local militar airport and can be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having in mind Caracas now a days is very expensive due to the currency exchange, this is one of the good hotels at a lower price than other of same category. Nice varied breakfast buffet, good entertainment bar activity and fairly good rooms. The only bad experiences were low range wireless in some areas and the service attitude of at least half of the staff. The be fair Venezuela is not a service oriented cultural country either...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family and I went to the Eurobuilding making a reservation for a business class suite with memory bed and some other vanities, whe we arrived they tell me they changed my reservation for a premium suite for the same price, the only problem was we were 4 and there was only a queen sized bed... so I called to tell the problem that we had and sent me two more single beds for my daughters, that was ok, I really appreciate that in hotel service to solve any problems, but I expected a diferent suite with two rooms and they gave a big one bedrrom suite, everything else was really good, confortable bathrrom, clean and big, room service was really good, if you want to stay for a few days its an affordable choice, even they have a nice pool. Next time will call personally to make a reservation and not online.

Room Tip: For a few more bolivars ask for premium or vip suites, its a big difference.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you have ever been to Caracas before you will know that you either have to pay a fortune to stay in one of the major chain hotels or you can stay in a hotel like this - a local version of say the Holiday Inn.
For me this hotel is OK because in Caracas you have to keep your expectations realistic in the first place and for the price you get what you pay for.
If you are on business and only use the room to sleep and do your emails then its fine. If you are on holiday (why are you on holiday here in the first place when there are so many other places in the world to be) the pool area is nice but there is not a lot around the hotel - you can walk to La Mercedes which is about 10 minutes away but it's not a very nice walk and at night is a little risky.
When I come to Caracas this is where I always stay - it's good but not the best but it's affordable and you can rely on it. Don't expect too much!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the North facing side - you will be overlooking the pool and the beautiful mountai...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manhattan, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Mildew around the edges of the ceiling and in the seems of the wallpaper. Staff not always particularly helpful or nice - with a few excpetions, such as the business center. Small things like broken molding around the mirrors, missing can light in the bathroom that means you can see up into the ceiling create a rundown feeling - room was actually quite clean, but felt strange with these missing pieces. I stayed for business and my thoughts varied from frustrated to "meh" and I was happy to move on. Out of 5 hotels on my South America trip, this was hands down the worst and one of the most expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas? Share your experiences!