“what do you expect - you are in Caracas!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas

Save Saved
You added Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas to your Saves list
Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Final Calle La Guairita Urb Chuao | Hotel Eurobuilding, Caracas 1010A, Venezuela   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 86 hotels in Caracas
Brighton, United Kingdom
“what do you expect - you are in Caracas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you have ever been to Caracas before you will know that you either have to pay a fortune to stay in one of the major chain hotels or you can stay in a hotel like this - a local version of say the Holiday Inn.
For me this hotel is OK because in Caracas you have to keep your expectations realistic in the first place and for the price you get what you pay for.
If you are on business and only use the room to sleep and do your emails then its fine. If you are on holiday (why are you on holiday here in the first place when there are so many other places in the world to be) the pool area is nice but there is not a lot around the hotel - you can walk to La Mercedes which is about 10 minutes away but it's not a very nice walk and at night is a little risky.
When I come to Caracas this is where I always stay - it's good but not the best but it's affordable and you can rely on it. Don't expect too much!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the North facing side - you will be overlooking the pool and the beautiful mountai...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manhattan, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Mildew around the edges of the ceiling and in the seems of the wallpaper. Staff not always particularly helpful or nice - with a few excpetions, such as the business center. Small things like broken molding around the mirrors, missing can light in the bathroom that means you can see up into the ceiling create a rundown feeling - room was actually quite clean, but felt strange with these missing pieces. I stayed for business and my thoughts varied from frustrated to "meh" and I was happy to move on. Out of 5 hotels on my South America trip, this was hands down the worst and one of the most expensive.

Caracas Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I live in Caracas and had a beautiful experience this weekend, as we spent our 39 anniversary at the Eurobuilding. We had a suite at the VIP zone (10th floor) not much more expensive than a regular room. Everything was perfect, the room was so pretty, the color of the room and the lining was just perfect, neat and clean, I love having fresh flowers in the room and bathroom, checking and checkout was promptly, We had a gorgeous brunch, nice view, excellent service and quality. I would highly recommend this Hotel. I believe, it has family facilities.

Room Tip: 10th floor. VIP zone. ask for the view to ¨the Avila¨
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

- Location is good only if you are going to work/ visit the nearby area. However, has a nice view.
- Good variety of restaurants in the Hotel complex
- Service is good (room service, cleaning, restaurant, etc.)
- Overall I find it quite expensive (Poor price x quality relationship)
- I would recomend to a friend

Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I'm back at the Eurobuilding for the second time through work, and my husband and I are staying here for a few weeks. Let's skip the fact that this is supposedly a 5* hotel and therefore has some of the nice stuff a hotel at that level should have. It's big, has an ok gym, nice pool area, nice breakfast, only ok dinner menu (pizzas are good!).

What brings this hotel down so much, is the LOUSY and SUPERSLOW service that you experience on a regular basis. The staff is usually nice, that's not the problem. It's the lack of presence, the way they make you wait - if you don't make some noice you might not get help at all.

The oblivious staff of the dinner restaurant is one thing. You can learn to live with it; wave your hand alot, remind them that you want to ask for something to drink, maybe get some menues?
The constantly understaffed reception can be overcome, too. Just make sure not to go there when there's a line, unless you have a lot of time to spare.

The most ridiculous thing is the room service. The food will get there within a reasonable amount of time (mostly), but anything else and they are paralysed. The most pathetic example is from last night, and will say all about this sorry excuse for a hotel (sorry I'm being harsh, but I finally had enough).

WHY THE SERVICE IS HORRIBLE:
The housekeeper had not replaced our glasses for a few days, so we had none (not even dirty ones). The two mugs that were left from the last visitor were also dirty (so we had used them for putting the shells from nuts in them, and she hadn't even cleaned them or changed them after that). Ok, no biggie, I'll just have to call for some new glasses and mugs. Yes, señora, they will be right up. (I speak Spanish btw.)

Long story short, hours pass by, I make several phone calls, one less patient then the one before, asking what I have to do to get our glasses and mugs. Yes, señora, they're on their way up. Like hell they are, I think to myself, and ask the lady to call me back within FIVE minutes to let me know the status. If they don't have any glasses or mugs for me that is fine, but then let me know! I can get them myself! I tell her this, and she just politely agrees and promises to call back soon. No call. I call back. I do this in a total of 6 times or so, and still, 4 hours later; no mugs or glasses. Incredible.

But wait! 4,5 h later they finally show up.
... With two sets of plates and silverware...!! I cannot frickin' believe it, hahaha!
I send the guy away and tell him that now it's too late, we want to go to bed and we give up, so no please don't come back. I just laugh, it is so ridiculous that they in 4,5 h and 6 phonecalls can't even manage to send us something to drink from. This at a "5*" hotel (poor sods, in Venezuela they don't even seem to know what that is, sorry...) and at a so called "First class" room costing a ridiiiiiculous amount of money i.m.o.

So guys, just beware of that this hotel is seriously overprised, although it's hard to say if you'll get better service and a more reasonable price elsewhere in Caracas. Not to be a jerk, but they just don't understand what 5* means in this country. :(
It's so pathetic I don't even know what to say anymore. Just manage your expectations. It'll be frustrating enough anyway.

Room Tip: Facing the Avila mountains is great. High up if you can, since it's noisy outside. Be prepared...
Maracaibo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at Eurobuilding Hotel for a couple of nights with my wife and we have no complains regarding service, sleep quality and room.

We find a good deal by booking on internet (executive room at a lower price than a standard room). Everything was in mint conditions in our room, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was just impeccable. We did not try room service, swimming pool or any other hotel facility.

Breakfast was very good, with lots of alternatives. The place was crowded, so we had to wait in line to get a table, other than that, the breakfast service was good enough.

As in others 5-star hotels in Caracas (Tamanaco and Meliá) parking has a very high rate and is operated by a sort of outsourcing company. We asked at the front desk how to get the flat rate and we were told to ask directly at the parking ticket office, we went there and were told to ask at the front desk, finally, we understood that the service is not ran by the hotel itself and that the clerk at the ticket office charges whatever they want (they wanted us to pay for the ticket we got when we arrived and then to pay for the daily flat rate of day 1).

The hotel is located on a quiet area, which is not easy to find on a city like Caracas. Rooms facing the north have a nice view of the runway of La Carlota Airport (which is only used for military purposes) and the Avila mountain. On the downside, many events from outside are held on the hotel (wedding receptions, concerts, exhibitions), so the lobby and common areas are frequently crowded and full of noise (no privacy there).

Accessibility to this hotel is not as good as others five-stars, there is not subway or bus stop near the hotel, so taxis are almost the only way to reach the hotel.

I am sorry for those who find the hotel to be filthy and the service to be bad, we did not try many of hotel's services, but as far as the room is concerned, ours was flawless.

In summary:

Pros: quiet location, great room, nice view, tasty breakfast, great deal on booking.com
Cons: Pricey parking service, crowded lobby

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north overlooks the Avila Mountain and La Carlota Airport. Nice view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel FILTH!!! As a airline emploee I haveseen my share of nasty hotels, but this one tops it all!! Carpets have not seen a vac for week, actualy an emploee told me they don't haveone. Running toilets, dirty sheet with stains all over. Dirty bathrooms with used toiletries everywhere. The worst is that a lot of our crew memembers left with BED BUG bites!!! Hotel refuses to address the issues. Do yourself a favor - STAY AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 243 and 250 will make you scratch!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas? Share your experiences!