“Good Hotel for a Bussiness Trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chacao Cumberland

You added Hotel Chacao Cumberland to your Saves list
Hotel Chacao Cumberland
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Santa Lucia con Av Principal del Bosque, Caracas, Venezuela (Sabana Grande)   |
Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Venezuela
“Good Hotel for a Bussiness Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It´s a good Hotel if you travel to Caracas for a bussinees travel it is a basic hotel. Good ubication. Good Service. Good breakfast. Este es una buen hotel si usted viaja a Caracas por negocio y necesita un hotel básico y bien ubicado.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was in the hotel July 14th. to 28th. 2012. I found it to be a very nice hotel. It met all the basics: clean, spacious, reasonably nice furniture. I was travelling with my inlaws, and I saw their room as well. Both rooms were nice. The price was reasonable considering the higher prices I saw advertised. The staff were uniformed, professional, helpful and courteous. Security at the front door. Nice looking lobby and nicely furnished. The restaurant is on the Mezzanine. The buffet breakfast was very good and adequate. I have seen larger breakfast spreads in larger hotels, but this was very adequate. The bar is also on the Mezzanine, but I did not use it. The Hotel is located in a commercial area, but that was not a negative. There is a coffee shop in the same block and many small stores, including a pharmacy around the corner. Behind the hotel, one block away is a commercial center and plaza. There is a great food court in the basement; good variety foods. The burger king sign outside will direct you to the food court. Mc Donald is across the plaza. A metro station is below the plaza. All and all I was very satisfied with the hotel. The mini refregerator did not work and my TV remote did not work, but I would still give the hotel a good grade.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Olympic Penninsula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Tap water is dark orange/brown, no bottled water available, web and hotel advertize a cocktail bar, but no alcohol any time. My voucher said breakfast included but they refused, saying they NEVER include breakfast. Even with the paid voucher, they tried to get me to sign to pay for the room the next day. i was there 4 and 7 Sept 2010 and the first time the tub plug was stuck so it wouldnt come out and cold dark water came in. I asked that on my return I would get a room with a working bathtub. First there was no plug. When I got a plug, the tub worked but the shower wouldnt shut off or switch to tub. When that worked, I had a small dark orange/brown bath. Not sure how clean I got, but it was hot. First night I asked where to go for a cash machine (ATM) and they didnt know. (One was next door, but it was out of money.) Then I asked for a drink since they didn't serve any. They sent me 2 blocks away to a bar on 2nd floor with no stairs (they knew I cant climb stairs and sent me anyway) so I didn't get a drink that night. On the 2nd trip I saw, just around the corner from the hotel a Chinese restaurant and bar on the street level. I went there and had great food and drink. Came back and told the hotel staff and he said, "They no speak English?" As if that would keep anyone from getting a drink!
Room cleanliness was ok, wake up call worked, other than erroneous advertisements, bad water, bad desk personnel, it was ok in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

Well located round the corner from Chacaito metro station and its shopping centres, and just off the Sabana Grande Boulevard. Rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. Free El Nacional paper every morning. Cooked breakfast. Staff helpful though only a handful with reasonable English. Be sure you have USD at hand and exchange money at preferential rate (ask the hotel staff to help you, off the record and off the premises).

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

The only good of this hotel are the rooms... The service is really bad the front desk does not care about your issues... the rooms doesn´t have locks inside I was in the room and a person from the hotel opened the room without asking whether there was someone inside.

A family member called me, but I wasn't at the hotel, and they never told me about the call.

They offer the breakfast but you have to ask almost begging them to give you the "courtesy pass".

When I arrive to the hotel (i was carrying three suitcases) and none opened the main door.

So my advice.... look for another hotel.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Chacao Cumberland? Share your experiences!