“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas to your Saves list
InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Principal de las Mercedes | PO Box 467, Caracas 1060-A, Venezuela   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 85 hotels in Caracas
Windermere, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the InterContinental for 2 months. The staff are friendly, caring and are always trying to make the gueat feel special. The rooms are clean and have good space. Room service is awesome and they deliver on time. The restaurants are good, specially the Pizza's at "La Cabaña". When I had some free time I ask the reception for help and the concierge organized everything! I was very impressed. Overall, its a great hotel, with great staff and great atmosphere. If i have to travel back, I will be staying at thw hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear "Daniel R"

Thank you so much for your review about the experience in our Hotel. I am very glad to know that your stay was good. We hope to see you soon in our Hotel.

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went to InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas for one-week business trip. In the first day it was clear It was not going to be a pleasant stay: a long queue in the reception, the room had a bad smell of smoke, there were no hot water in the shower and the WiFi was not working. These problems occurred some more times during the week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear "lebarion"

I offer you a sincere apology for the inconvenience. I recognize that we have some difficults now, but I guarantee that I will take care of this case to improve the service and give you all the experience that you look in a Hotel.

I hope you give another chance to prove that we can offer you a good experience.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel may have had its hey day a while back, but it isn't keeping up with what is really required for the star rating they are claiming and the price they are charging. The rooms are outdated and I had to change rooms as the first one I was assigned smelled really foul. It kind of has an eerie, empty feel to it. The location on the busy street made it a bit difficult to get around nearby restaurants and shopping by foot. Most staff were positive and helpful. The building just isn't all that welcoming. Free wifi was a positive!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear "Jessica C"

Thank you for take a few minutes to let us know about your experience. I offer you a sincere apology and I take care to let the rest to the personal know about it. We are in process to refresh the areas in our Hotel to give to all of our guests the best experience.

Kind regards,

Portola Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'll give them 4 out of 5, since they have done a very good effort to improve since my last stay, where if available I would give them -10!
They were kind enough to provide me with a real upgrade, which essentially was in good conditions; but really if they are going to improve they need to do the whole improvement and not just part of it.

For a suite (nice upgrade) I think they are missing a couple of essential things:
1. Mirrors! they only have one mirror inside the bathroom, and is on top of the sink and for so, you can't see yourself completely... they have enough space to put more mirrors, even behind the doors.
2. Bathroom ceiling: it has a terrible look, seemed they had a nice idea to put these type of false ceiling glass, but none fits correctly, so all seems crooked and with cracks that let you see the insides.
3. A suite without drinking glasses? yes, well they only had the ones they put for the bathroom, so when you get a drink out of the mini bar there is nothing that you can use to serve it.

On the good part, the room was CLEAN, that one is for me the most important feature, all seemed to work correctly, and again the staff is very good, food is also very good and pricing is correct if compared to most of the Caracas.

Keep improving, the effort is notable!

Thank you.

Room Tip: This trip I was offered a suite, so if you can get a suite, do it since are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear "rertze"

Thank you so much for take a few minutes of your time to give us the review of your new experience with us. I really appreciate that yo recognize our effort to improve every day to give you the best service that you deserve.

In name of all the staff, I recognize that we need to continue the improvement, and we are really committed in do it. The project going little by little but with all the effort.

Thank you again for your sincere words.

Windermere, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

When looking at the reviews, I really didnt know what to expect, but once I arrived everything changed. I stayed on the 6th floor. The room was big, clean and didnt look old. The food quality was fantastic, tipical latin tasty food! The staff is very friendly and are always trying to help you. The only problem was that the front desk was always busy and could use some extra hands to help. Apart from that, my time at the hotel was good.

• Stayed April 2013
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Daniel R.

Thank you for share your experience. I am very glad to know that you enjoy the stay in our Hotel. Every day we work to improve in provide you the best service for that all of you feel like your home.

Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you soon back at our Hotel.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently went on a business trip to Caracas. For some unknown reason every single hotel was fully booked and the only choice I found was this one.

USD 350 per night at one of the worst rooms I have seen in my entire life. Even a small country side motel in Georgia beats this hotel in a second.

Guys from Intercontinental: Do you have any idea of what's going on in Caracas? It's shocking that you still have your brand affiliated to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Denise.

Thank you for take a few minutes to share your experience in our Hotel. I offer you a sincere apology for can not offer you the service that you deserves. We recognize that, actually, we have some problems but I guarantee you that we are working hard to improve every day. We hope to see you soon back to let us show you that.

Kind regards,

Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The old glory of the past is what it is. I wonder if the administrators of this hotel have any idea what customer service is all about. The hotel boasts a five stars rating and it charges you about $352-$50 for such an honor. I stayed in the Hotel from May 27 to 31 and I had better experience at hotel rates at three stars. The front desk is oblivious to complains. For instance, upon objecting to the filth carpet, moldy room odor and chair with a disgusting grime, the front desk representative just excused his inability of providing an alternative room by boasting that the only room available was a downgrade from the one I was assigned. Food is overprice and mediocre. On the other hand, the bar at pool area has a magnificent view of the Avila Mountain. Although the hotel had a wonderful past, the current infrastructure is tired, old and lack comfort. Spending more than $350 for a room is just wasting money unless you have a load of it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at al cost
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Good afternoon Mr. Adelmo.
At first, I would like to thank you to take a minutes of your time to tell us about your experience, and I ofer you a sincerely apology for the inconvinient at our Hotel, and I guarantee that your comments will be take in care to improve every they for all of you.

I hope to give us a new chance to probe that.

Regards,

Guest Relationship Manager
Hotel Tamanaco InterContinental

Been to InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas? Share your experiences!