“Nice place, good location and 5 star service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel

You added Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Eugenio Mendoza Con Calle Urdaneta | La Castellana, Caracas 1060, Venezuela (Chacao)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Caracas
Margarita
“Nice place, good location and 5 star service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a very new hotel (2009 I think), so everything is modern and works well. . The location is great, even for walking around, which is not always an option in Caracas. Service is wonderful, front desk, restaurant, room service, everyone is very professional.

On the bad side, there is no wifi in the rooms, they do have wire connection, but you have to work in a desk, and there is a charge to use it. This is a quite expensive hotel, but its because it is an International chain and the currency control exchange in Venezuela makes them price everything in US$, which makes its rates comparable to a Beverly Hills or Piccadilly Circus hotel.. But in Caracas you don’t have much choices...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed for 2 months at Renaissance and the service was great. It is just what you should get of a 5 star hotel and for that price, but that is not usually what you get in 5stars in Venezuela. Any problem we had during our stay was taken care of right away and the personnel was always nice and willing to assist you. I must make two notes apart though... 1) One on some of the security personnel - at least three times someone waiting for me at the lobby, car entryway or restaurant complained of being mistreated by some security person. 2) Rooms are nice and comfortable but walls are paper thin, you hear everything in the next two rooms. Luckily during our whole two months our neighbors were quiet. Apart from that all good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice hotel in a good area. I had trouble with my laptop and they quicklly sent the IT person for the hotel to come help me. The food was good, great room service - great service in general. Instead of having dinner in the restaurant I went to their lounge one night because they'd told me their bartender was very good and famous. I had 2 cocktails and they were superb (but very expensive!) and the tapas were delicious, try the local tequeños.
My only complaint would be that there was no wi-fi in the room so I had to sit at the desk when using the Internet. A hotel in this category and price range should have wi-fi available in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'll start with the price, it is expensive however all hotels in Caracas seem expensive. It is probably around double the price that I would expect to pay in most other countries. I understand that cash payment reduces the price substantially.

Arrival was very late at night and therefore the reception was not busy. It took a very long time to check-in and the paper work was completed incorrectly by the desk staff therefore this caused problems through-out the week ( they didn't take credit card details which caused frequent room lock-outs despite us resolving the omission).

The room was fine; a good size and clean. The bathroom was also spacious and well equipped.

As a business traveler I always look for free drinking water in the room (pass), coffee making facilities (pass), an iron and ironing board (pass), free or cheap wireless internet (fail, extra charge for cabled internet).

On all but one morning, I took breakfast in the business lounge. Service was exceptional and the variety of food perfectly acceptable. On one morning, having lost my voice, I was treated to lemon tea with honey without having to ask for it. At the weekend I ate in the main restaurant for breakfast and the choice and quality of food were good. It is a risky business going for second helpings as, when I returned, the table had been cleared and a couple were seated at the table.

I ate dinner once in the restaurant and I found it expensive and the portions minimal. I was happy and surprised to see one Vegetarian option; shame they didn't have it available so I negotiated some vegetable kebabs.

Security staff are always visible and enforce that cellphones and laptops are not used and viewable near the building and even just inside of the door. The area does feel safe however I we did walk around from time-to-time.

I did not use the gym however my colleague said that it was well equipped.

The pool area is nice but often in the shade. In a busy week we managed only one visit and immediately it rained heavily!

Our departure was at 0300 am and we prearranged a taxi which did not arrive. We used the hotel taxi. The computer system was down therefore we are awaiting confirmation of the final billed amount.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Funchal, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very well located in central Caracas. Eventhough its quite new, it allready needs some small refurnishings. Rooms are adequate sized wirg a good bathroom. On the downside is the pressure of the water which is not very strong. Breakfast is varied and with a good offer of fresh juices and fruits. Exellent gym. Overall a nice and safe hotel in a unsafe town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was in town on business and the hotel was worth every penny.
The restaurant staff did everything they could to make sure I was satisfied with my meal and service.
Great Gym, no excuses not to get some exercise. The place had new equipment , spacious area and very clean.
Safe part of town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Spent a week here in April 2012, in a big suite. Trendy interior design, and in a very good state since the hotel is so new. Veeery clean, and I'm picky! Very nice bathroom and shower. Comfy beds and very quiet, since we were so high up. But if you're closer to the ground you might hear the traffic, since a street runs right in front of the hotel.

Two bad things about the room: the AC was HORRIBLE, they should really change the type of AC they use. Being connected to the water pipes somehow, it made all kinds of sounds - gurgling, hissing, etc - that was driving us crazy. Everytime we called about it, they were very nice and eager to try to fix it. So the great service really made up alot for the horrible AC! In the end it worked out pretty ok, and we didn't die of heat or anything. :)
2: No wifi in the rooms. Internet in room and wifi in lobby not free. Seems a bit behind but oh well.

GREAT breakfast buffét, with typical venezuelan food, amazing juices, fresh fruit, etc etc.

They have a cosy outside bar with a big wall of green plants, very nice environment. They should not have those sofas there, though, since it's a very humid country and they were already mouldy. Otherwise great.

Stay in this fairly new hotel if you can!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel? Share your experiences!