“Like we were from the family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posada Lagunita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla El Gran Roque
Posada Lagunita
Calle la Laguna 153, Los Roques National Park, Isla El Gran Roque 05040, Venezuela   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Sao Paulo, SP
“Like we were from the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were treated there like we were from the owners family, at first when you get there our host Enrico made clear that we had to forget work / our stressing life in our homes, and get a new "desencuchado" mindset. All the staff was always so friendly, the atmosphere is so unique and the food is marvelous (thanks to our chef Junior).
Recommend to anyone who wants to relax and see the most beautiful beaches in Americas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Martinez, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Visited Los Roques with my husband and my parents and we had a great time. From the moment we arrived at the airport we were taken care of by Posada Lagunita staff, great food, comfortable rooms, great service overall. Daily trips to the smaller islands were excellent, we were given snacks, drinks, chairs and umbrella. Just great, I hope to come back to Los Roques soon and I will definitely stay at this Posada again. Beautiful place, no cars, most people walk barefooted given that the streets are made out of sand, very relaxing. There is a small square in the main island and most people gather there at night to listen to music and have a few drinks. Again, Los Roques is worth visiting and I would recommend staying at this posada where you get treated like family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

While not being luxurious in international standards, considering the environment everything worked fine. Staff was excellent, even giving out some fever medicine of their own while the "pharmacy" of the island was closed. All in all, I would go back there!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I recently visited the spectacular Los Roques archipelago and while we were there, we stayed at the Posada Lagunita. We found it to be sufficient, but nothing special. I give it a 3 out of 5, but barely. Overall, we feel it was overpriced and kind of impersonal. If you want to be able to sleep in beyond 7 AM, you shouldn't stay here, as it gets quite noisy. We were there for 5 nights and the dinners ranged from acceptable to good. I was actually quite disappointed after reading all the rave food reviews.

We will definitely be returning to Los Roques; it is an unbelievable place, but unless the prices go down or the service gets better, we won't stay at Posada Lagunita again.

Room Tip: Stay at a cheaper Posada, you'll basically be getting the same treatment.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

All praises. I felt at home and much better. It overcame all my expectations. Not only it has the best atmoshphere and food, it offers services the others don´t. My friends styaing at other posadas wanted to move to this one and visited me every day at evening and stayed confortably drinking something at the bar, and they were always welcome. I understand why it is always full. I miss everyone from the staff. I have no doubts I will be back very soon.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Simple yet comfortable posada near the heart of town. Proprietor Andrea and his team provide an exceptionally warm and friendly environment. I was particularly impressed with:

- The food. Rumored to be the best in town.
- The level of service. They can provide seamless day trips to the outer islands, guidance on currency exchange (do it here - 'nuff said, particularly if you know anything about Venezuela), and handle your transfer from Caracas.
- Accommodation at Caracas during internal transfer. As much as I wanted to go into Caracas, many people warned me against it, particularly as a solo traveler, for security reasons. I had to spend a night near the airport, so Andrea hooked me up with an inn called Muevete por Vargas near CCS. Hotel airports are scarce and expensive at CCS, and this place, while VERY basic, was spotlessly clean, very safe, and extremely reliable in terms of airport transfer. They run a tight operation.

The crowd at Lagunitas is really warm (Italian, Argentine, Brazilian) and Andrea's team was kind enough to introduce me to fellow English-speaking guests, who are rare in Los Roques.

Be warned that there is a street vendor who likes to play loud music in the early evening in front of the posada. This was a minor irritant for me - not enough to prompt me to change rooms, although I considered it. See if you can get a room away from the street.

Overall, 85/100. Service/hosts = 120/100.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Unfortunately I am not one of the people who had the chance to enjoy the beautiful Posada Lagunita, but I am of those who were happy to visit the indescribably beautiful Los Roques in 2006. Now I organized this trip for my sister and my brother in law, who are currently still there. No words could express my gratitude to all the staff of the Posada Lagunita. Every day I receive letters which are imbued with admiration for the professionalism of these people. First day my brother in law wrote: "we cannot describe ….., such a good service we hadn’t receive even in America ….;the second day, the day my sister's Birthday: “You will not believe….when we went back to the posada from the beach we had a heart made of flowers on the bed ... then she received a surprise birthday cake in the shape of a heart ... then unforgettable candlelight dinner "; today:" The Chef is a god, the food is out of this world! ".
I am writing here to thank the entire staff of Posada Lagunita and to help people like me who are always looking for support in Tripadvisor. Thank you again Andreas! Many kind regards from Bulgaria :-) Tania

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Posada Lagunita? Share your experiences!