“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Margarita Lake Plaza

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Porlamar
Hotel Margarita Lake Plaza
Save Saved
You added Hotel Margarita Lake Plaza to your Saves list
Avenida Bolivar | Urbanizacion DumarCosta Azul, Porlamar, Margarita Island, Venezuela   |
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Porlamar
St. George's
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

We stayed for just 3 days at the Lake Plaza hotel and I hated every second of it. Although Margarita Island is a lovely one, my experiences at this hotel marred my trip.

The overall hotel appearance was shabby and our room was no exception. From the grimy bathroom that I was actually afraid to use, to the blanket literally covered with hair, there was little that made me feel comfortable. There was no table or chair in the room which was unusual to me (I thought that this was standard in hotels) so I had to use the bed to sit on, eat on, etc. OK fine. That I could handle. However, my biggest problem was the central air conditioning which kept the room unbearably cold throughout.

The only good thing about the place was the staff who for the most part were friendly and helpful. However, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone to whom cleanliness and comfort are important. It is unlikely that Hotel Lake Plaza would satisfy these criteria for anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the cleanliness or lack thereof
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

the worst of all my vacation trip ,no water to take a bath ,breakfast,dinner supper ,they had only for about 15 people and we were at least 30 and when it was gone they did not put anymore that was it.the beach you have to go by taxi driver,nothing to drink except polar,no money exchange at the hotel.they dont even speak english at the desk.dont go there you will be desapointed.

Stayed January 2007
Kerrs Ridge,N.B. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

From the moment that you come through the doors of The Lake Plaza you are greeted by smiling faces and a staff that wants to help you anyway they can. Angy and her reception staff know that you are tired from travel and they promptly get you on your way to rest and relaxation.

The Lake Plaza while primarily an RCI time share is also is a busy hotel located near the beach and across the road from a small mall with a CM grocery store. Myra makes sure her staff has the rooms just the way you like them, the girls love their work and you can hear them sing while they clean!

Miguelina will be there to greet you as you make your way into the dining room and the great service that you have been getting just keeps on coming. The restaurant/bar overlook the pool and you can watch the children playing in the pool while you eat.The food is excellant and if you are late coming back from touring the staff can usually find you a plate of lunch to carry you to the next main meal. There are buffet and meals from menu. Anytime throught the day,or night for that matter you can meet Senor Abraham (the manager) or Senor Diaz(operations manager)so if there is something you want to ask or if there is a problem they will help. This is unlike most hotels where the managers are busy hiding from the guests, in fact if you are lucky enough you can have lunch or dinner with Senor Abraham or Senor Diaz,not unlike on a cruise ship where everyone tries to have a meal with the captain.I know all of these names because I keep going to Margarita and I keep staying at the Lake Plaza.I would stay at a better place,if I could find one!!

Been to Hotel Margarita Lake Plaza? Share your experiences!