“Comfortable room in Margarita” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Vista Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Porlamar
Bella Vista Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Santiago Marino | Nueva Esparta, Porlamar, Margarita Island, Venezuela   |
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Porlamar
“Comfortable room in Margarita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I was in Margarita for holiday and I was very pleased with the rooms. (After traveling to Paris, Hotel Bella Vista surely has huge rooms)

Pros:
1. The room was spacious and relaxing. Beds were comfortable. And I really appreciated the huge window with lovely sunlight when I needed to get up early
2. Breakfast was delicious with various Venezuelan food. The juice and cafe was good too. Plus it was nice to have breakfast looking at the cute swimming pool outside
3. The were a lot of shops nearby so if you love to shop it is a good location

Cons:
1. It took ages for the staff at the front desk to check us in. And they didn't seem to feel the need to speed up a bit
2. The bathroom floor can get quite wet and slippery after a bath. The hotel needs some more towels and carpets

Overall I would recommend this hotel! Good value for money!

• Stayed August 2012

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the Bella Vista last January after seeing their advertisment at Margarita Airport announcing that it had been totally renovated.
After 5 minutes in the hotel, I realized that this was a con as the place have a 1980's feel, old floor tiles, wooden panelling and damaged furniture.... The lifts interiors haven't been touched for a good 20 years. The TV in my room reminded me of my grand mother's house. You wonder how a hotel like this get away with misleading advertisement. What a dissapointment!
The service at reception was very poor, staff didn't know what to do and everything was a big confusion. Staff were so rude that they answered me back in a very unprofessional way when I raised my concerns about their low level of service.
Breakfast was awful: chemical organge juice, rubbery bacon, moldy bread, unnatentive staff. I realy struggled to find what to eat so decided to have breakfast in the bakery accross the road two days of the four I was at the hotel.
It's a real shame that this hotel isn't managed properly as it could be a fantastic property, especially as it is close to the beach and shopping areas. The hotel management team have a big task in training their team and maintaining the infrastructure to meet the expectations of guests paying 5-star prices.
Be aware that they don't take cash neither at reception or in any of the restaurants/bars which can be a big innconvenience for those who don't have credit card.

Room Tip: Ask for pool or beach view in the Perla tower. It's worthy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We we're lured to the BVH on the basis that we'd seen publicity to suggest that it had been given a bit of a refurb and - as the TA reviews were so old - decided to give it a whirl. After all, what could be so bad? We used to stay at The Hilton before Mr C and his red-uniformed army took over. Margarita - in general - is a much worse place than it used to be. Shame.

The hotel - if you want to be in the 'thick' of it - is in a decent location. Plenty of restaurants around and enough shops to keep you going. Of course, finding food/products in the shops is another issue and one needs to suck it up. The place has a 3/4-star feel about it but nothing to set the alarm bells ringing. The pool area is lovely and is a great place to relax, take some sun and generally take it easy.

The rooms (more about actually getting checked in comes later) are fine. Consummate with the rating but generally clean-ish. The soaps are a bit rubbish (don't expect to get into a lather with it!) but the towels are fine. The safes in our rooms (634/635) were the old type which meant renting a lock from reception (which worked when it wanted to - lock and reception!).

So, those are the OK bits...everything else wherever service was concerned was just dire, dire, dire.

I'll start at the beginning...

We called to get prices for the rooms and were given the price and told there was no need to book; just come over. We arrived 30 minutes later and were 'greeted' by a very unfriendly receptionist. First, the rate we were quoted (just minutes before) wasn't available. After much wrangling we agreed on a rate...but there were supposedly "only two rooms left" despite an empty car park and the fact that we very rarely saw another soul. Then you weren't allowed to pay cash! Then you weren't allowed to check-in until 3pm on the dot!

This level of service continued throughout our stay; room keys that were cancelled because they hadn't made the booking correctly...even trying to charge us a 'late check-out' fee and we were not even leaving! It didn't get better and seeing the sulky bell-boys giving us dirty looks (we're a gay couple) didn't make us feel much at home.

A complaint to Paola Sol went ignored and - despite promising a response - clearly couldn't be bothered in the slightest with any attempt at customer service. They wouldn't know what it was if it had hit them square in the face.

The Hotel Bella Vista is the oldest hotel in Margarita. I'd say they'd probably have the worst service to boot. Shame on you Hotel Bella Vista.

Room Tip: Walk in the other direction and don't stop at HBV
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I stayed here for 2 days while waiting to get into a condo in a better area.
The Bella Vista is a lower class hotel in front of a dirty beach, and in an area that you do not walk around in at night.
The only upside is that there are plenty of shops within walking distance.
Condos are easy to find and cheaper to rent.
I recommend Esparta Suites in the Costa Azul area by the Hilton and Senor Frogs. It is on the beach, has laundry, cafe, grocery, Internet, video store and a taxi stand out front. The area is safe to walk at night with many restaurants and clubs close by.
The rate for a 2 BR, 2 Bth unit is only about $75 per night or cheaper for a longer term. Picture of room view is attached.
Taxis on Margarita are very cheap for your daytime excursions to other parts of the island.

• Stayed March 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

The view was decent from our room, and we made good use of the pool. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, although the location left something to be desired. I would recommend staying here only if you are interested in the shopping and nightlife available in Porlamar. Otherwise, head for the beaches.

• Stayed March 2005
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maracay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

This hotel lacks not only better rooms, but most importantly, SECURITY!
A terrible scene happended while we were there. A group of taxi drivers from the hotel were hitting some hotel guests right there at the lobby! they hit them so bad there were broken noses, ribs, and blood was on the floor. There was no security personnel in place, and the manager didn't do anything to compensate or aleviate this situation. It was terrible to watch and certainly terrifiying for my family!
We never saw any kind of support from the Hotel management, the police or nobody. There wasn't even a First Aid Kit in the reception area.This happened on January 10, 2008.
Never, ever again will we stay in this horrible place!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — No security, no support, negligent hotel personnel
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

I had read in a few guide books that this was a luxury hotel. I wanted to treat my boyfriend and myself to two luxurious nights in a nice hotel. WE WERE THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED. Immediately upon seeing the room I knew it wasn't worth it (ugly room, uncomfortable bed, leaky shower, and no sound proofing), but we were exhausted. I went to the desk and told them we wanted to only stay one night. They said it was fine. To make a long story short- upon returning home I find out they charged me for two nights. Two separate transactions- one which I signed and one which they FORGED. I AM STILL DEALING WITH IT WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. IT WAS HORRIBLE.

• Liked — the waiters were nice
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bella Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!