“great holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of lti Costa Caribe Beach Hotel

You added lti Costa Caribe Beach Hotel to your Saves list
lti Costa Caribe Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Altagracia | Playa Caribe, Margarita Island 6309 , Venezuela   |
Ranked #80 of 89 Hotels in Margarita Island
Brigg, United Kingdom
“great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

this resort was absolutely amazing. the hotel was clean, the food was great, the beach was fabulous, the hotel staff were amazing and very amusing and the entertainment was great. i could not fault the service at all. there was a great offer of excursions which were reasonably priced. would definately recommend and i would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Visited this hotel it was great >Friendly Staff and the place was just lovely>Spacious and the food was really good.Lovely activities for the entire family>Will visit again>The place is clean and the beach is just a gate away if you don't want to bathe in the pool and swim up to the bar lol>Just love that place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The showers were cold with no water pressure I used a bandaid to cover holes in shower head just to get a little water pressure .The pool was being filled with a electrical water pump that had several spots in the wires taped a sure electrical hazard.There was no Internet access unless you had a phone or iPad .i didn't want mine stolen.there were armed guards on the beach.i suffered with intestinal issues after I got back to Canada.The airport hand searched our bags (250 people)twice we were delayed 4 hours .this was not paradise but hell buyer beware!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bilbao, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel does not live up to the 4-star standard it claims.
The building is asking for a general refurbishment and there were cases of theft during my stay which did not make it better.
The swimming pool was not very clean although the beach was pretty nice. The area outside the hotel was not very safe.
After a few days I tried to avoid eating at the hotel as much as possible. What I had was mostly on the cold side and it seemed like the food from the morning and mid-day became the supper. At the same time, there was constant lack of cutlery so even if I wanted to eat something, I could not.
In general – you won’t do wrong avoiding it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Firstly I stayed in this hotel back in 2008 so it was some time ago and by the looks of it things haven't changed that much.
We travelled as a family, myself (being 3 months pregnant), husband and our 18 month old daughter.

When we eventually got there we have to queue out of the reception to check in, and as we were one of the last of the coach (we had to wait last because we had a small child and it was a mad rush to get off the coach). The waiters brought out some champagne but as we were at the back of the queue they ran out and we didn't get a glass nor an apology.

Our room was dark and dingy - very depressing. Only 1 light in the bathroom worked and it was filthy. The hot water worked when it felt like it so some night I had to wash my daughter in the sink with luke warm water. There was cockroaches and ants everywhere.

One night a drunken man mistook our room for his, he was banging on the door for ages, the locks were very flimsy and I was actually worried that he might have been able to get in. I called reception to send over security but when he eventually showed up (after 3 calls) the man had disappeared.

The pool was disgusting. I would have kept my daughter out of it but being there for 2 weeks and not much else going on I had no choice but to let her in.
There was a film of sunscreen round the water line, and the cleaners would come out with a broom to remove the sticky residue. My daughters swim suits were so badly stained I had to chuck all her costumes away when we returned home.

The food was ver poor with hardly any variety. The entertainment was a little near the mark on several occasions. No nightly disco.
4.30pm til 7pm nothing at all going on, from 7pm till 12 the pool bar is open and if you fancy a little night cap forget it. It all shuts up at 12!

The hotel is next door to a shanty town, it dangerous to leave the complex and to get anywhere you have to either take a taxi or coach. When we did decided to get the coach into town we queued outside. I was holding my daughter and had a visible bump too, the South Americans who were staying in the hotel at the time literally pushed me out of the way so they could get on the coach first.

Overall I would NEVER recommend this hotel - especially when travelling with children - of any age!

Room Tip: Find another holiday!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Although I went there in Dec 2008, and maybe things have changed... It was a great place to visit, clean beach, clean rooms, beautiful beach, lots of excursions, amazing food, fun night time entertainment, safe, etc etc etc. Thats why I came to this website because I really want to go back! I see alot of negative comments on here which shocks me. The only thing I didn't like is that when I went, there were so many North American and Europeans, at times it really didn't feel much like I was actually in South America! That bothered me a bit, but it depends what your looking for. Overall I would, and have recommended this resort. I hope to be back very soon.

Either way I love this place, couldnt ever imagine writing a bad review for it

Room Tip: get a beach or pool view
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Slovenia, Europe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

In august 2009 we booked the Lti Costa Caribe Beach Hotel for 3 weeks. When we arrived they gave, after a long procedure of checking in, a room in the front line by the sea. It is not a 4 star hotel, but it is ok. Our room was big, clean, but the hotel definitely needs to be renovated. We got room on the ground floor with big terrace. Couple of times we even find cockroaches in our room, but when we shut the ventilating fan in the bathroom, we didn't have any more problems with cockroaches.

The biggest problem for was the pool - very low level of water. The HIGHEST level of the water in the pool was around 60 or 70 cm - to the middle of my leg!!! Helloooooo?! The beach is nice, with security guard. The beach is on the Atlantic ocean, a bit colder and more waves than other beach on the island.

On weekends a lot of local guests come into the resort and then it is terribly crowded in the hotel, especially in the restaurant. The food got a bit repetitive after a while, however most of times you could find something you liked.

Staff is another issue. Most of the staff doesn't speak English, so I wish you a lot of luck in communication with them. I must say that the animators in the hotel were very good and during the 3 weeks stay (and we watched show every night) all shows were different and excellent.

There are a lot of iguanas and lizard, but there are harmless. The parrots were lovely too. There were also stray dogs on the beach, but they didn’t bother anyone, they were just looking for some shade, usually under my sun bed.

We took a rent a car for 3 days and explore the whole island - we didn't have any problems with the police or somebody else during our trip by car. But you have to be careful on the road, because they are strange drivers. We also went to Delta Orinoco (jungle) and the trip was magnificent.

Advice: Do not change your money into bolivars at the airport, bank, and hotel reception - you better go to the town to a decent restaurant or bar and ask the waiter in the restaurant, cafe, etc., if he knows somebody who can change the money into bolivars - they don't speak English, but trust me, they will understand what do you want. They always (that was our experience) know somebody who does change the money - the official rate in august 2009 for 100 euro was 220 bolivars, not official rate (so called black market) in the restaurant was around 600 bolivars. It is a big difference. But do not, I repeat DO NOT, change the money on the street, even if somebody approaches to you and offers you a good rate.

The departure from Isla Margarita was something special. When we arrived to the airport first our luggage were searched by army - you have to open your luggage and they search everything (they are looking for drugs!!) At the check in you have to pay the departure tax - in august 2009 the departure tax was 60 euro per person. Keep in mind your luggage weight - we paid for 10 extra kilos 100 dollars. Then we had hand luggage screening via machine and body search and then immigration to show passport. In the waiting room there was couple of random calls out for a passenger to have luggage rechecked by police (they are looking for drugs!!) - we were called in we had to go to one small room, where were couple of policeman and soldiers and we had to put our hands in some kind of white powder and after that we could leave.

Margarita Venezuela is very nice island and I will come back, but not to this hotel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to lti Costa Caribe Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!