I choose this hotel because the good opinions listed here, but my experience of 4 nights was in general bad, here my cons and pros:
- The location is not marked correctly is difficult to get there especially at night.
- Excesive price for food, not acceptable to charge 20 dollars for a sandwich, more than double of any other good restaurants in the island!!! It's worst considering you'll haven't any other option near to the hotel to eat, is located in a neighboor without restaurants, so, for dinner is the only option...
- Inexperienced employees, they can enter in your room even with the "dont disturb" message
- Bath Is in separated format, looks nice, but when you take a shower, the water leaves and flood the rest of the bath, poor finished
- Closet: dark, locked drawers, I was forced to use only the main chest, again, poor finished
- Not interested in their customers: Is common see service problems in island, specially in Venezuela, in this ocassion we were without TV for 3 of the 5 days, and no one take a moment to call us and tell the problem, actually I saw another rooms with TV sign, but every time I called to reception, they say the problem is not resolving yet....
- Keep in mind Is not a beach hotel, if you are lloking that in first line, look another option near like Lido Aloha, Hesperia Playa el Agua, etc.
- Poor daily clean and not reposition of amenities/hand towels, I need to call several times to get them !!!
Take a moment and think: Are you seen these failures in a 5 star hotel??? I sure do not!
- Breakfast correct
- Nice common installation
- Nice restaurant staff
I expected a high standards hotel, my payment was for a 5-stars, but instead I receive a 2-3 stars service, the relation quality-price is very bad.
A last point, if yoy are planning to travel for shopping more than beach days, I suggest an hotel in Pampatar, because every one way travel from this hotel to the shoppings center is around 20 - 25 dollars, so, every day, you will spend around 50$ just in transportation
I let you some pictures of the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an outdoor swimming pool with direct views of the sea, the hotel has air-conditioned rooms with private balconies and beach views in Margarita Island. Guests can relax in the spa or under the palm trees.Free parking is provided. Ikin Margarita Hotel & Spa offers plenty of outdoor spaces with scenic views and thatched-roofed chill out areas with free Wi-Fi. Massage sessions can be booked. Parguito Beach is 6 km away and El Agua Beach is 8 km from Ikin. The tour desk can offer tips for visiting the area. Rooms feature cheerful décor and are equipped with cable TV and minibars. All rooms have private bathrooms and toiletries. A full continental breakfast included in the rate can be enjoyed daily. Guests can treat themselves to Venezuelan Gourmet dishes created by Chef Elias Murciano from Le Gourmet Restaurant in Caracas. Punta Piedra Ferry Terminal is 46 km from the hotel. Santiago Mariño Airport is 43 km away. Please note Ikin Margarita Hotel & Spa is being refurbished and some areas might be under development however without affecting your magical experience by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.