“Lovely room, friendly, helpful management” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Te'ora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easter Island
Te'ora
You added Te'ora to your Saves list
Apina s/n, Easter Island, Chile   |
London
“Lovely room, friendly, helpful management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed for four nights in the largest, upstairs room. Sharon, the manager, couldn't have been more helpful - arranging a pick-up from the airport, giving us tips on what to see and where to go.

The room was very big, with a large window looking out over the Pacific. It was just magical waking up to the sound of the waves hitting the shore outside. The room had a small kitchen, but we didn't use it as there were so many good places to eat nearby.

A wonderful end to our long trip. I would definitely stay here again if I ever came back to Easter Island.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here for five nights in The small cabin. It is a very lovely and atmospheric place to stay. The small cabin is perfect for one person, but a couple can stay there too because of the communal area's which are actually semi private. It is a very friendly place for the traveller that looks for a relaxed and scenic place.

• Stayed September 2011
Salvador, BA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed 5 nights with my partner during a quick vacation in September, in the Nui Cabaña, which is on ground level. Sharon wasn't there, but she arrainged, through e-mail, tours and car rentals at usual price charged on the island. Lluvia, her assistant was there and she was very helpful, passed by the cabaña everyday asking if we needed something - except on her day off - and provided an aswer to all my questions, and a solution to all the problems I encountered. I cannot thank Lluvia enough for her smiley face and her efficent help.
About the place, I'll be very candid:
First Thing: I think you should stay in Te Ora if you plan a trip longer than the trivial 2 night's stand. And there's an explanation: if you plan to stay for such a small time, you'll be so tired trying to go to all the archeological sites that you'll find a bit exhausting to walk the 20 minutes that takes to get to the main street and its restaurants and bars.
Second Thing: this is NOT A HOTEL. There's no cleaning on a daily basis - in fact, there was no cleaning inside my room during the whole stay, one of the only faults I spotted in this place, and the reason I did not give it a fulll 5 stars.
Third thing: there's no room service whatsoever. You take the advantage of having a full kitchen in the room or in the common area, so you make your stuff and bring food from the town.
Fourth: As I said, the Nui Cabin is on groud floor and, unless you kept in the dark, with all the blinds shut, there wasn't much privacy, since most of the cabin can be spotted from the outside, by the common area shared with the other guests, especially the ones on the very small unit in the back, who tend to spend quite some time outside.
If you're okay with the previous info, you'll have a great deal of fun in these cabañas. The bed is owesome, and the mattress is one of the best I have slept in an establishment of this level.

Room Tip: If you can, get the upper unit, for privacy
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Te'ora for 5 nights in their smallest cabin room. The room was very clean and the shower was roomy, with great hot water pressure. My only complaint of the room was that the only window was actually a door, so it got a bit stuffy and the nightstand smelled of mold. The owner was out of town, but the other employee, Lluvia was there to pick us up from the airport with a warm welcome.

The location is right across the road from the ocean. The views were amazing and there was plenty of outside area to relax and enjoy it with some wine.

Yes, the place only has 3 rooms and staff weren't always there (which is not a bad thing) - but there was a phone to call them in case of an emergency. I had fallen ill and after 3 days, my boyfriend convinced me to seek medical care. I called Lluvia and she insisted on picking us up and driving us to the hospital herself. Not only did she drive me there, she stayed with me the entire time and served as my Spanish-English translator in the exam room. Luckily, I only had a (flu-like) virus that was going around. The doctor put me on a bland diet and Lluvia even provided me with some tea that he recommended when we got back to Te'ora. I was so thankful for her kindness and guiding me through my first Easter Island hospital experience. Such service is hard to find!

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at Te'ora's from July 31 to Aug 04. Warmhearted Welcome! Tours and car rental were already set up when we arrived and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Our Room - Ra'a - was clean and had a beautiful ocean view. Kitchen is fully equipped, no problems with warm water and the bed
The accomodation is in walking distance to the village and you are able to go for a stroll alongside the stunning oceanfront.

In short - a perfect stay!!! Thank you!!! S&T

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We did spend a few days at Te’ora and we can strognly confirm that it was excellent. Sharon and her assistant Lluvia do manage this wonderful corner of Paradise in the very brilliant and friendly way. Additionally they help guests scheduling their stay in the most efficient way by providing the best support in bookings tours, visits and activities. For sure we recommend this place to people seeking a unique conrner of peace in front of the amazing ocean of the Easter Island.

Ciao Emanuela and Federico

Travelling for a year
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Te'ora is a nice place to stay - easy walk into town and by the sea. Sharon is very helpful and freindly. She got us tickets to a local fundraising party (for locals, not tourists) one night which was great fun. We were lucky enough to have the upstairs room which is more private and has lovely views.
I do think for the cost we could have had a cup of tea and piece of bread provided on our 5am arrival - we had to wait for the stores to open to go and get any food or drink. Note: we had booked the night before so we could have our room straight away on arrival so we are not cheapskates!
I also think for the cost there should have been cleaning every day, or at least every other day. As the toilet tissue is put in the bin I think this is essential, particularly when you get no discount for longer stays (like ours). However, when we requested, our bin was emptied and towels changed every other day.
Overall a good place to stay but would benefit form the improvements above.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Te'ora? Share your experiences!