“Redefining the meaning of "favor"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Iorana Hotel

You added Iorana Hotel to your Saves list
Iorana Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ana Mangaro S/N Hanga Roa | Ana Mangaro S/N Hanga Roa, Easter Island, Chile   |
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Easter Island
Sao Paulo, SP
“Redefining the meaning of "favor"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Rooms are ok and breakfast is good. However, there was a woman at the reception at our arrival that was plain rude, which is beyond comprehension. I arrived at 11pm, so tired that I could barely speak. but had to carry my bag to the room. "Fine", I said, "is there water available in the room?" I naively asked. No, there wasn´t. "Can you bring me 2 bottles, then?". No, I had to wait at the reception so that I could sign for it. "Really?", I tried again with a big frown, and then came the best answer ever: "We were supposed to be closed by this time and we´re only open because we were waiting for you (excuse me?) , so really we are doing you a favor !!!!!!". Well, I have to say I have a different understanding of what a favor is, particularly when I´m paying (a lot!) for the service contracted. Unfortunately I can´t remember her name, but I found this interaction astonishing, to say the least.
Service by the pool is almost non-existing. By the way, there´s a fabulous pool sculpted among the rocks close to the sea. They don´t tell you about it but it´s great. However, be careful with the waves once you´re in there, they can hit really hard and make a small disaster. It´s still worth it, just be careful!
P.S. In general, it´s hard to believe that tourism is the #1 income source at Easter Island! They could use a lesson on how to treat tourists...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

best hotel I have ever stayed in. What a great friendly staff. Very clean rooms. Only had two TV changles and they only speak Spanish, Always will to help. Asked about taking pictures. Gave me the best time to take pictures around the Island.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I travelled with a group & most of us spent 8 days here - it was lovely. The room I had was comfortable, cool and had a great view of the ocean and lawn. Meals were tasty and filling, with a good variety. We had breakfast and dinner and we were able to ask for a variety, remembering that this is a very isolated island (5 hours flight from anywhere) and there is 1 ship a month. Most of the vegetables, salad foods and some fruits were grown in the rich volcanic island soils, so they tasted wonderful, with minerals and 'real' taste.
It is a good walk to the 'town', which helped with my fitness. Taxi's are cheap and plentiful.
I loved the whole island - every aspect of it. I lived in Papua New Guinea from 1969 to 1974 and this island took me right back to that time. No seat-belts, no helmets, no worries - add a Spanish flavour and it a great holiday & adventure.
WiFi in reception was a little slow, however there was always time to wait. There was a swimming hole on the ocean, down from the restaurant and this was such a relaxed & safe place.

Room Tip: All the rooms had a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Quilmes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

beautiful lobby, and very kind ladies at reception, ready to solve any problem..
Nice placed, quiet and comfortable..maybe bit overpriced . Rooms have a view of ocean and a little fridge.
You have to walk 20 minutes to small town, what is good to do, if you have no rain. Tropical short showers are very common so be aware of that.
Excellent breakfast, very complete and well served. We had also dinners there..too much monotonous menu, even it was tasty.
i wouldn't take again with meals, as i would have liked to try more typical food in that menu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just returned home to Australia and the last 4 days I spent on Easter Island, staying in this hotel. I loved every minute of my stay here,all the staff were most helpful and friendly and whilst the accommodation basic, it was comfortable and clean..and the view from the balcony unsurpassed. I loved the rock pool and the historic site areas just a walk over the cliffs - the lava tube with the waves breaking into it wonderful to watch. Easter Island is Hawaii 100 years ago, the Cook Islands maybe 50, and who doesn't want to get away from phones and tv and all mod cons once in a while! the perfect place to make your stay memorable. LOLLYSUE

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The best thing about the hotel is its location on the ocean. We had stunning views from our room. The room itself was just so-so but it did have a small refrigerator which came in handy because of the heat outside. The location is about a 15 minute walk to town.
Meals are served here and we had good breakfast buffets and a pretty good dinner here as well. Suggestion: keep your doors locked at night as two different guests were robbed. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel should we return to Easter Island.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Once i got to the Iorana Hotel, that was all my 3-year-old-daughter could say. "Is' beautiful, mommy!" The whole family had a blast, although rooms were quite overpriced (hence the 4 dots, not 5).

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Iorana Hotel? Share your experiences!