“Great tours” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Atamu Tekena s/n, Easter Island, Chile   |
London, United Kingdom
“Great tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I joined Alvaro on tours of the island and had a fantastic time. It's not hard to be wowed by Easter Island but Alvaro added to that experience by being: knowledgeable about the island, its culture and history; from the island so his stories were entwined by personal memories and the exploits of his ancestors; relaxed about the speed of our progress round the island and our stops; friendly, helpful and engaging through out. He speaks great English and I would recommend the tours heartily.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed with Inaki Uhi for 5 days, Alvaro is a great guy to meet and do the tours with. His knowledge of Rapa Nui is great and his perfect English really helped me to learn more about the island and its people. His parents, especially his mother is very caring and make me feel like a family.
I had a good room and a kitchen, they were clean and comfortable. Great time I had.
Easter Island is very special itself, the people is so friendly, after 5 days stay, I have a lot of local friends, thanks a lot to Alvaro to introduce me to all the people on the island.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights. The guest house has the perfect location, with walking distance to the most important places in town.
The room was clean, spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The room also came with a fully equipped kitchen, so I ended up making some of my dinners here.

I joined Alvaro for to trips: a half-day tour and a full-day tour. Alvaro is knowledgeable, friendly, and had everything perfectly timed: our small group of 3 people arrived when the other tourists had left.

All in all: one of my best lodging and tour experiences ever! Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Wokingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights on Easter Island and booked our stay at Inaki Uhi by e-mail before we left home. Inaki Uhi is a real family affair and the welcome incredibly friendly and welcoming. Accommodation is simple but comfortable and the trips run by Alvaro Atan (the son of the family who speaks great English) are really good - very relaxed, informative and enjoyable. Inaki Uhi is in the process of being "upgraded" to include breakfast and I am sure they will do this very well too. Great place and really lovely people.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My stay on Easter Island was easily one of the best experiences of my life, in large part to Alvaro and his family at Inaki Uhi. It felt like coming to visit family (in a very remote part of the world!) with how warm and open they are to you. Alvaro and his family have such an amazing connection to the island and their history goes way back, so that makes Alvaro's stories even more fascinating. Really better than any book I could read about Easter Island. I did the 2 day tour with a nice small group, so it was very personable. He took us guava picking (we collected 2 big bags!), which we later took back to the hotel and made delicious juice out of. Alvaro also showed us a movie and a documentary about Easter Island during the evenings, which was really nice too. Such a wonderful experience, I wish I could have stayed longer, and I'll never forget it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

From the moment I stepped off the palne and met Alvaro I was made to feel at home. This is a family business and it really feels that way, its the perfect place to stay on the Island, centrally located and very well maintained. You will have all you need for a really enjoyable vacation.

Alvaro is an absolute fountain of knowledge, he knows the island like the back of his hand. he also kws everyone on the Island. If you are there for a short time, like I was take one of his tours. They are off the beaten track and are not your typical tour after all his grandfather did help Thor Heyerdahl reconstruct a few of the Moai on the Island. Of course if you want the run of the mill package you can go to an agency on the main street.

Alvaro I cannot thank you enough for making my stay so enjoyable, the Pisco Sours also helped :)

Best Wishes

Garrick

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed on the island for six nights and had a great time. Alvaro, who currently manages the property for the family, speaks perfect English and provided fantastic tours that included interesting tidbits about his family's involvement with archaeological work there. In two days we covered all the major sites (e.g. toppled moai, the large craters on the island where statues were carved, caves) and some areas off the beaten path that you probably wouldn't see with a standard tour. We even checked out the local nightlife a few evenings, which was fun.

My room was very clean (housekeeping came daily) and included a private bathroom with hot water in the shower. A private kitchen was available and was adequate should you decide to cook any meals. The internet was a bit spotty, but this appears to be an island-wide phenomenon so I wouldn't hold it against them. The overall package was great and I highly recommend it for budget travelers. Keep in mind that all prices on the island are a bit elevated, though- "budget" here is not going to be the same as "budget backpacking through Thailand".

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Inaki Uhi Hotel? Share your experiences!