“The Highlight of my year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodland Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Woodland Hideaway
Save Saved
You added Woodland Hideaway to your Saves list
115 30th Street North, Wasaga Beach, Ontario L9Z 2C8, Canada   |
Brampton, Canada
“The Highlight of my year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The thought of coming back for a week to Woodland Hideaway is a real motivating light in my year. The couple who run it are conscientious about its upkeep. They are dedicated to keeping their residents comfortable, the type of folk who happily go the extra mile for me. I use my time away as a quiet retreat to escape from commitments for just a little while. I only wish I could do so more often.

Room Tip: Number 4 is a little separate from the rest if you are wanting a little more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights here, at the end of our holiday. Great position (close to supermarket, Collingwood and blue mountain) with clean rooms and excellent facilities (loved the personal bbq). Jo and flora, were great hosts, full of local information and good conversation

• Stayed June 2014
Kitchener, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in July 2013. It was a last minute getaway and we wanted to stay close to home. All we have to say is WOW! Joe and Flora keep this place immaculate. They are great hosts and do whatever they can to keep their guests happy. Its the perfect little place to stay while in Wasaga. The beach and stores/restaurants are within a 5-10 min walk. Beach #5 is nice and quiet and plenty of room to find a spot to lounge (The water is waist deep for hundreds of feet so it was perfect for our kids). Woodland has a perfect volleyball net that we played on for hours just outside our door. If you are looking for a place that is clean, quiet, and close to the beach, look no further. Definitely reccomeded for families!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
toronto, on
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed with Joe and Flora last Labour Day weekend and couldn't have asked for anything more. It was truely relaxing for our little family (myself, husband, daughter and dog).

The location is so relazing; trees all around, a quiet street, beautiful layout both inside and out, and wonderful people.

We stayed in Unit 1 which had 2 bedrooms plus a futon in the living area. What we were really impressed with was how clean and efficiently layed out everything was. We had everything we needed and more.

The front patio area was great and more than we could have ever expected. We had our own space because each unit's patio is separated by a small fench which gave us a little privacy but which was still open enough that you could talk to your neighbours. We also had our own BBQ, picnic table AND 2 chairs and a little table. Talk about anticipating guests' needs!

Our daughter spent hours playing badminton with the neighbours' kids, and they were regulars by the way, spend every Labour Day weekend with Woodland Hideaway for at least the last 5 years.

We look forward to making Woodland Hideaway our regular vacation spot too :)

Room Tip: We stayed in Unit 1 which is 2 bedrooms and a futon in the living area. It was more than enough spac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our first stay at Joe and flora's woodland hideaway.We live in Northern Ireland . We found the accommodations amazing.Everything is close at hand.The cottages are immaculate.My two boys loved the badminton court Plus it was great having a bbq with the cottage.The beach is only 5 mins. walk from the cottage. My two boys and wife loved it.We would return again .Joe + Flora where great hosts + very professional. It was the best part of our holiday in Canada. Staying there.

Room Tip: Choose Joe + Flora's
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my 2nd stay in Woodland Hideway and it was equally enjoyable. They've installed new a/c and heating units that work amazingly. We stayed in cottage #4- which is a one-bedroom with full kitchen,not very spacious, but quite comfortable for 3 people.
We played badminton on the court, used the BBQ, walked on the beach.
The place is quiet and we slept like babies. I am considering going back in the summer of 2013.
The only suggestions to travellers-bring your soap and coffee maker filters.But if you forget something-not a big deal, the stores are close by.
Thank you Flora and Joe, we'll definitely be back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I used trip advisor and found Woodland Hideaway in Wasaga Beach. I read the reviews and thought this sounds good. When we got there we were greeted by Joe and Flora the owners, very nice couple. The grounds were immaculate! The cabin was spotless, private and very cozy. I was amazed at how much thought and care went into this bungalow. Fully equipped kitchen, comfortable bed, hooks where you needed hooks, colour tv and the patio was awesome. We could walk to the beach or to timmies, it was perfect. I can't say enough about the hideaway, I highly recommend it. Did I mention the cabin was SPOTLESS?! I would definitely stay again! Diane and Jim Girard

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodland Hideaway? Share your experiences!