“Sand and fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodland Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Woodland Hideaway
You added Woodland Hideaway to your Saves list
115 30th Street North, Wasaga Beach, Ontario L9Z 2C8, Canada   |
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Sand and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our first stay at Joe and flora's woodland hideaway.We live in Northern Ireland . We found the accommodations amazing.Everything is close at hand.The cottages are immaculate.My two boys loved the badminton court Plus it was great having a bbq with the cottage.The beach is only 5 mins. walk from the cottage. My two boys and wife loved it.We would return again .Joe + Flora where great hosts + very professional. It was the best part of our holiday in Canada. Staying there.

Room Tip: Choose Joe + Flora's
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my 2nd stay in Woodland Hideway and it was equally enjoyable. They've installed new a/c and heating units that work amazingly. We stayed in cottage #4- which is a one-bedroom with full kitchen,not very spacious, but quite comfortable for 3 people.
We played badminton on the court, used the BBQ, walked on the beach.
The place is quiet and we slept like babies. I am considering going back in the summer of 2013.
The only suggestions to travellers-bring your soap and coffee maker filters.But if you forget something-not a big deal, the stores are close by.
Thank you Flora and Joe, we'll definitely be back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I used trip advisor and found Woodland Hideaway in Wasaga Beach. I read the reviews and thought this sounds good. When we got there we were greeted by Joe and Flora the owners, very nice couple. The grounds were immaculate! The cabin was spotless, private and very cozy. I was amazed at how much thought and care went into this bungalow. Fully equipped kitchen, comfortable bed, hooks where you needed hooks, colour tv and the patio was awesome. We could walk to the beach or to timmies, it was perfect. I can't say enough about the hideaway, I highly recommend it. Did I mention the cabin was SPOTLESS?! I would definitely stay again! Diane and Jim Girard

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

My family and I tried staying at Joe and Flora's Woodland Hideaway last year after some internet browsing. We didn't know what to expect, but we all liked Joe and Flora and their cottage so much that we decided to return this summer -- it was not difficult to decide at all. They were so professional and yet friendly. Their immaculate property had everything we needed, both inside and outside the cottage. The location was ideal: close to the beach and everywhere else yet so quiet and peaceful. (Waking up in the morning was wonderful.) Our time there was great. Our only regret was not being able to stay there longer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Booked this accommodation based on other trip advisor reviews with our 2 friends and 8 year old boy we was not disappointed, our 2 bedroom apartment with another pull down double bed was very clean with all amenities including a big gas BBQ. Walking distance to shops, bank and a Tim Hortons that never let us down, the quiet beach was a 2 minute walk down a quiet lane, and only a five minute car ride to the lively Wasaga beach main resort where you can find many bars, restaurants and shops. Thank you Joe and Flora for a wonderfull quiet relaxing break.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Burnaby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Our first stay with Joe & Flora at Woodland Hideaway was back in 2009 when my husband and I were first married and we wanted a place near the beach. The place is wonderful and is very well taken care of. The rates are great and the cottage is immaculate. In June 2011, we travelled back to Wasaga Beach with our ten month old baby. We were so happy with the hospitality that Joe & Flora provided. It felt like returning home again. I personally felt so happy seeing my baby crawling around on the grass, swinging on the swing and enjoying herself. The property is very well kept.

The decor and rooms are very clean, and well maintained. The comfort level was top notch, sleeping wise. The walk to the beach is perfect. The area is quiet which is nice, no rowdy crowds. I felt safe staying there, 100%.

I would recommend this place to anyone and will gladly make our return here each year. Joe & Flora are wonderful people and we were so happy to see them again. Great, great place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We heard about the Woodland Hideway from a friend at work and checked out their website. We liked what we saw and decided to book for the Civic Long weekend. We immediately fell in love with it upon arriving. The website doesn't do it justice. We met Joe and Flora who were perfect hosts and very accomodating. The grounds were very well maintained and the cottages were clean and spotless inside and out. We had everything we needed in terms of cooking utensils, dishes, appliances and of course a BBQ that came with a full tank of propane. Since a TV was provided, we brought along my son's playstation so that he could play his games and to also watch some movies when we wanted. It also came with a volleyball/ badminton area, a swing set and hammock which we all took advantage of.
The cottage was a five minute walk to the beach and very central to everything we needed.
I felt quite safe and relaxed at this location, which is perfect for couples or families and not really meant for partying teenagers. My son had no problems making new friends while we were there. I would definitely come back again and would highly recommend this perfect little getaway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Woodland Hideaway? Share your experiences!