“outdated and overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Orangeville, Canada
“outdated and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We recently booked this hotel for two nights to have a mini beach vacay. After reading the reviews before arriving we weren't expecting anything special.Unfortunately, we were not wrong. We expect to pay more at resort towns for accommodations but these units are seriously overpriced.Bare minimum upkeep,wobbly toilet,leaky faucets,absolute zero water pressure in the shower, ice cold "heated pool" are just some of the things that need addressing.We will definitely look elsewhere the next time we are in Wasaga Beach.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ripley, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed in room 17 on 18Aug2014. We have nothing good to say about our stay. The beds were horrible. The sag was extreme and the springs could be felt through the worn out padding. They were like yard sale rejects that should be in the dump. Furniture was yard sale grade too. Room looked like it was a patch job, not sure what the light switch inside the doorway does. Tacky old chain lamp plugged into an outlet was the main lighting. Patch work drywall, three different light bulbs in the bathroom, and don't shower anytime someone in another room might flush a toilet. Hot then cold at any time. Kids did not shower here. Room needs to be gutted. For $100, a complete joke. We don't ask for different rooms as this is what we were given. Rebuttal will not be accepted, as we should have been given a suitable room right from the start without the need to complain for one. I haven't even seen anything that bad in Cuba.

Room Tip: If this is a typical room, don't ever go here. A disgrace .
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I asked for the queen room which was being advertised for $80. The lady gave me the key and we both agreed we couldn't stay in it. We returned the key and as we were leaving she kindly showed us a better room. It looked OK so we booked in. My hubby was fighting with a fly in the room when I entered, and within a minute of closing the door we both noticed an infestation of flies around the ceiling light fixture. We returned to the office and said we couldn't stay. The lady was very nice and she voided the transaction. I would NOT recommend this motel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am writing this review mostly because I booked this hotel before I read trip adviser reviews....most of the reviews seemed to be negative....so, when I arrived to check in I wasn't expecting too much.....first of all, Dianne, the Proprietor, took one look at my Husband (who is 6'3) and decided to change our original room booked, to a larger 2 bed room....for the same price, no extra cost :-) that alone, was going above and beyond to make our stay more comfortable. We had our own picnic table outside our room and bbq's too that we could use. The whole time I thought my husband and I would have to go out for dinner...instead we went to the Walmart across the street and bought some ribs and chicken to Bbq for dinner, saved money not going out :-)....I hope I'm not babbling on too much, but just wanted to say that sometimes reviews on here are negative....we had the best time at this motel and can't wait to get a couple days off work in August so we can come and stay here again :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the 18th of July. The room was very overpriced for what it was. The bed was really old and squeaky and the bedspreads also had seen better days. There was a musty smell in the room but that could have been from the previous occupants as the garbage was still in the room.
The heated pool was freezing so I think they were assuming that the solar blanket they put on at night would do.
There was a lot of restaurants really close which was the only plus. There was no ice and no wifi even though it advertised free wifi. The beach was a 15 minute walk so not as close as we thought.

The staff were very friendly though which helped.

If we go back we'll pay a little more and stay on the beach.

• Stayed July 2014
Steady Brook, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Booked a weekend here after finding most of the other places were already booked or just way too expensive. This is a good location, restaurants are very close and wal mart is as well. The manager is excellent and is always around. The pool was nice and has a lot of chairs around. Open from 10am-10pm. The rooms could use a renovation as well as some new bedding. Our bathroom was small but very clean. There is no phone or clock in the room. Our curtains fell down a few times when we would try to close or open them. Other guests are noisy as always and you can hear them but we found by 12am people were quiet. Overall we had a good experience but if we were to plan a trip back to Wasaga we would try somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here because of the price, and let's be honest I do not have high expectations. Pretty much if the room is clean and it has a bed, I am good. This did not meet those expectations. We had reserved a room for 4 adults, I received a call shortly after asking if I would like an upgraded room with a kitchenette for the same price. They told me instead of being 1 room with 2 beds it would be 2 rooms with 2 beds, so everyone could have some privacy. Great! Sure! When we got there, there was alot of trash around the property. It looked very run down. The pool was green (no biggie, wasn't planning on going in the pool anyway) The staff seemed friendly, that is a huge plus. When we got the room however, it was a large disappointment. Our "upgrade" did indeed have a kitchenette, and 2 rooms. But 1 of those rooms was including the kitchenette and the bed was a flip down, run down, college futon. There were no sheets or blankets or pillows to make up this futon with. We are not really complainers, so we made due and took sheets and pillows off the other bed. But for $130.00 for the night I don't believe this was an upgrade. I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kingsbridge Inn? Share your experiences!