“The price was right” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsbridge Inn

You added Kingsbridge Inn to your Saves list
Kingsbridge Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   268 Main Street, Hwy 92, Wasaga Beach, Ontario L9Z 2N6, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
“The price was right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked a weekend here after finding most of the other places were already booked or just way too expensive. This is a good location, restaurants are very close and wal mart is as well. The manager is excellent and is always around. The pool was nice and has a lot of chairs around. Open from 10am-10pm. The rooms could use a renovation as well as some new bedding. Our bathroom was small but very clean. There is no phone or clock in the room. Our curtains fell down a few times when we would try to close or open them. Other guests are noisy as always and you can hear them but we found by 12am people were quiet. Overall we had a good experience but if we were to plan a trip back to Wasaga we would try somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here because of the price, and let's be honest I do not have high expectations. Pretty much if the room is clean and it has a bed, I am good. This did not meet those expectations. We had reserved a room for 4 adults, I received a call shortly after asking if I would like an upgraded room with a kitchenette for the same price. They told me instead of being 1 room with 2 beds it would be 2 rooms with 2 beds, so everyone could have some privacy. Great! Sure! When we got there, there was alot of trash around the property. It looked very run down. The pool was green (no biggie, wasn't planning on going in the pool anyway) The staff seemed friendly, that is a huge plus. When we got the room however, it was a large disappointment. Our "upgrade" did indeed have a kitchenette, and 2 rooms. But 1 of those rooms was including the kitchenette and the bed was a flip down, run down, college futon. There were no sheets or blankets or pillows to make up this futon with. We are not really complainers, so we made due and took sheets and pillows off the other bed. But for $130.00 for the night I don't believe this was an upgrade. I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We travel a lot and have stayed at different type of rooms: fancy and average ones. Their rooms are highly overpriced. The room price they charged us $140 is worth of $50 and no more. Even the room looks clean, the furniture is old and dirty to the point that it stikcs to your fingers which brings their hygene level under question. The toilet doesn't flush properly. They charge too much money for poor condition of the rooom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I can't even begin to explain how much we loathed this place... My friends and I had booked the two bedroom apartment for our stay at Wasaga. We arrived in the evening, and 5 minutes into inspecting the place, we already found a dead beetle in the bed sheets along with countless other insects all over the place. We were terrified to shower in the bathroom after finding a rather large cockroach on the ceiling. As for the rooms, we had two double beds and a sofa bed, but that beetle hidden in the sheets was enough to keep us from using the beds in the rooms. The 5 of us actually attempted to squish onto the one sofa bed in the sitting area as it was the cleanest looking thing there, and we used our own towels as blankets. This place looked like it came straight from a horror movie (heck, there was even a creepy chair in one of the closets). The toilet also stopped working the next morning.

On the other hand, even though the accommodation was awful, the service was good and they treated us very nicely. The location was also pretty good as there was a nice plaza right across the road from us with a Boston Pizza, Walmart, Tim Hortons, etc. But NOTHING was worth staying at this motel. We checked out immediately the next morning after waking up from that terrible, cramped sleep. We went straight to Holiday Inn in Collingwood and needless to say, it was MUCH better. For about the same price (maybe a few dollars difference) as that crappy motel, we got a nice, clean room, a gorgeous shower and tons of other great amenities. We are SO thankful to have left that shady, rundown place. The price wasn't worth it at all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First, it's not 7 it's 15-20 minute walk to the beach. Room smells like bleach. Mattress from ww2 I think they still haven't change it. The most uncomfortable bed in my experience and we travel a lot all over the world and stay at budget hotel but this is something else.
Staff is friendly but you are paying top dollar to stay in this dump so they better be! I believe some "great" reviews are based on overall Wasaga experience which is great. Unless they change mattresses, adjust the doors, get bigger tv (they still got cube!!! It's 2013) even in Cuba at 2 stars motels there are flat screens. Anyways overall Wasaga experience is great, this place was a low point we are not bitter we had great time just honest truth, would not be back at these conditions. Hope this helps.
I really urge management to make some changes you will struggle in near future.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Kingsbridge was quite nice. It's not a Hilton, but it's Wasaga Beach where all the properties are more of a motel feeling. We had a one bedroom as we were three adults. Large comfortable bed, sofa in the living room, little kitchen and a table with chairs for eating. Picnic tables in front of every unit, and BBQ's for the guests to use. The beach is only a seven minute walk. No cabs or cars needed. The owners are on site and are very friendly. A real family place, not full of teenage partys like some Wasaga Inn's where there's no one managing the nonsense. The pool is just lovely with heated salt water and lawn chairs. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have to start by asking the reader to keep in mind that in Wasaga, one can expect a certain amount of disrepair from accommodations and measures owners will take to ensure that extra people aren't being put up in their rooms. This comes with the territory. What is less understandable is that I would pay what I did for what we actually got. We booked a room with two double beds and a futon, and with this being the pricier of the two options I was considering, I expected something better than the cheaper place we had stayed in last year. I gave the rating I did here because the people working there are polite, there was a good number of barbeques and the location is good.

First is the room: It was the closest to the main office where the modem was located, but the wifi could not reliably reach us. We ended up using the wifi hotspot on my phone to stream music all weekend instead, and the explanation I received for this was that they only advertise that the wifi is "available". It seems I was wrong to think that it would be available in rooms, especially ours. The carpet and mattresses felt perpetually damp, the oven did not work and the shower was barely usable (I added a photo of how it runs).

I can concede that the oven problem was sort of addressed by a staff member offering to let us use the oven of another room and I should have brought up the shower earlier, but what it comes down to is that this room is being rented at a rate that does not suit its quality. Staff being unaware of one problem until it's brought to their attention is reasonable, but this place is in such a condition that someone had to know about it, and still charged the price I would pay for a good place in downtown Toronto.

I wouldn't recommend this place and we won't be returning. I hope that the place improves and turns out to be the place we thought it was going to be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
wintersledding, General Manager at Kingsbridge Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Although we are not members of Trip Advisor we do appreciate your feedback, however when these issues were brought to our attention we no longer had a room left available to accommodate the amount of people in your group. We have since fixed the oven which turned out to be only the fuse and the shower head was the problem in your shower and has been replaced.
The mess on the stove in your picture was not there when you checked into your room( just wanted to point that out). And one more thing we would like to point out is the fact that we do not allow unregistered guests on our property which you were well aware of upon booking.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasaga Beach
Angels Wasaga Inn
Angels Wasaga Inn
#4 of 15 in Wasaga Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 26 reviews

Been to Kingsbridge Inn? Share your experiences!