“Run!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
kingston
“Run!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We checked in Friday night, we were a little taken back by the paint job on the outside of the hotel but said "what the heck, lets give it a try". We went to the main office and booked a room for 2 nights. We were told there was a pull out bed, 2 double bed and a kitchenette. We walked in the room and our jaws hit the floor. The beds were nasty,there were ashes on the toilet seat, beer caps everywhere. NO toilet papaer or towels. Needless to say we demanded our money back and found a much better place to stay! And there was no kitchenette, just a bar fridge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Tear this place down and build a nice motel. The location is perfect, the existing motel is absolutely disgusting. The beds are nasty, sheets stained, holes in the walls. It's a party spot for sure. If this place was torn down and built into a 2 story motel they could have an amazing location motel. Currently I would never go there again.

• Stayed August 2014
Oshawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

At 4:30 in the morning a stranger pushed through the door and entered my room while my girlfriend and I were sleeping. woke up abruptly and had to wrestle him out the door in my underwear. The lock on the door did not work. The man then entered the front seat of my car and attempted to go to sleep. I had to physically remove this person from my vehicle. Attempted to reach manager with no response. Girlfriend spent the rest of the night sleeping with knife , and I barricaded door using sofa. Got no sleep. When I finally reached and reported this to the manager he seemed unconcerned and un phased. Left immediately but received no discount or refund. Do not stay here or book here!!! it is an absolute nightmare! This is the first review I have ever written on anything as I am never one to complain. This was insane, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at this motel with a group of friends for a birthday party and while the staff are nice and friendly, and the location is great, the overall cleanliness of the rooms was disgusting. Bed bugs, dirty bathroom, dirty everything. If you are going to stay here you either better be wasted and not care or plan on sleeping in the car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I just booked for my 26th birthday in July 2014. My partner and I booked out all the cabins on beach 1 for a birthday celebration with 25 of our closest friends last year. When we arrived cabins were all clean and when we were brought over to them by a staff who made sure we had everything. Staff were excellent in ensuring we had everything we needed the whole time we were there. The location was perfect walking distance to everything including the beach. If you are looking for a great weekend with your friends i would definitely recommend the cabins. We had an absolutely fantastic time. So excited to return this year and do it all over again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there for a night, but it was very terrible experience over there. The mud was on the floor, and there was very bad smell in the rooms. They not supplying soap or shampoo and even towels. Do not book a room at this place! I have never been so disgusted in my life.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Do not book a room at this place! I have never been so disgusted in my life. I traveled with a friend, her 18 year old daughter and her 19 yr old friend. It was $200 for one night on a weekend plus a $100 damage deposit. We decided not to sleep in the room because it was so disgusting. Giant ants infested the room-they were in the bed! Paint was peeling on all walls. Ceiling tiles were damaged. Walls were poorly patched. The bathroom was disgusting and did not come with towels or toilet paper...and definitely not shampoo and soap! We asked for towels and toilet paper and were given dirty, stained towels and two rolls of toilet paper. On top of everything, the manager reviewed the list of rules with us which included: no glass bottles on premises-we would be "fined" $50. No profanity. Nobody on premises without a wristband-they gave us wrist bands and told us if we lost them it would cost $50. No leaving anything on the floor when we checked out. If we lost the key it would cost us $50. Within the first few minutes of being there, we witnessed pretty much all of "the rules" being broken by other "guests". We assumed that the owner would be raking in an extra $500 in fines from the other young guests of the hotel-it was also obvious that they would make several hundred dollars more in damage deposits that night! When we complained or tried to get our money back they basically just shrugged and said too bad. I am not a big complainer and am pretty easy going but this was So horrible! I have never written a review before, but really feel this place is ripping off young people especially!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beachfront at Wasaga? Share your experiences!