“In shock!” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Opened in 2010. Postal Code = L9Z 2C9
Elmvale
“In shock!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am completely dumbfounded by the good reviews...we live in the area adn so were excited to try this local spot but this Thai is the worst I have had. The flavour ranged from just o.k. to bland, the portions were tiny and for apparently having an award winning Thai chef the pad thai noodles were way overcooked.
I will not go back-and if you happen to be in Barrie area try Lee's Kitchen to see what true, tasty and reasonably priced Thai is all about...and no I don't work for them!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Belleville, Canada
“EXCELLENT! Absolutely Delicious Authentic Thai Cusine..LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Food was outstanding.....fresh, hot, and unique flavours. Presention was wonderful as each dish arrived at the table. . We started with the Cocnut Shrimp Soup and Crab appetizer....what can I say? WOW!....next we had the Mango Salad, Very light and flavourful. Itt is now my favourite salad and I love salad.....next we had the Shrimp Pad Tai (best I have ever had) and the Mango chicken with Vegetables was amazing.. For the finally, you don't want to miss this....the deep fried banana desert ....YUMMY!. .Well run Family business with excellent personal service. .Affordable. Can't wait till our next visit to Wasaga Beach so we can enjoy another memorable adventure at the Katmanis Thai Restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wasaga Beach
“Amazing Thai Food in Wasaga! Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

LOVE this place. So fantastic that they're open year round (AND they deliver!!!) Have ordered from here more than a dozen times and have never been disappointed. We've moved to the area from Toronto and initially were skeptical... Now, I would say that we're food snobs with egg on our face (?maybe from the fried rice? :) ) Better than any TO Thai take out we've had. Never greasy. Love their green curries, pad thai is excellent.

Visited December 2012
Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Exquisite Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

As a lover of Thai cuisine, I seek out different Thai experiences, no matter where I am traveling. I have dined at Thai restaurants in many different urban areas, yet I have never visited one that is exceptional on a continuing basis and luckily in my local area. Katmanis provides diners with delicious, fresh, hot appetizers and entrees that are classic as well as unique. I have never been disappointed, just thrilled each time I visit!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Renfrew, Canada
“Wonderful Fresh, Authentic Thai at a Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Great food, fresh and hot, neither too sweet or too salty. Service is family and as such can be a little relaxed, but this keeps the restaurant having a family and unpretentious feel to it. A+ menu an food quality at a good value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere