“Nice short stay for a soccer weekend!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court
Save Saved
You added Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court to your Saves list
1600 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, Ontario L0L 2P0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Wasaga Beach B&B and Inns
waterloo
“Nice short stay for a soccer weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed late May in 2 bedroom cottage. Well equiped and clean, but small. Couch was just a 2 person with no pull out. Small tv but had cable. Had its own patio. Owners were friendly and helpful. salt water pool was open, kids loved it. not far from beach and beautiful sunsets!

Room Tip: 3 bedroom cottage was much roomier
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked a cottage for thanksgiving a few years ago, and came back again this year. The place is wonderful! The cottages are bright, clean, and smoke free!! The owners are so nice and always make us feel more then welcome. Anything you need is eagerly supplied! They are a short walk to the beach, there is a heated pool, childrens playground and ping pong tables! Spring, summer, fall or winter, the Mermaid is the place we will always go! <3

Room Tip: they are all great !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very clean! It is a short 5 minute walk to the beach. If the weather is not good that day then the pool is great and it has a perfect set-up of lounging chairs! It is very family orientated and a perfect place for a family beach vacation!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a super family reunion we had here! The owners are so helpful and accommodating. They made our get together very memorable. Rooms are super clean, and beds are very comfortable. The BBQ area was great for our family to spend time together reminiscing and having fun. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Mermaid on several occasions with my husband and young children under the age 10 and can honestly say, this is the most relaxing place for me as a busy mother. There is a fenced playground, salt water heated pool and the beach is a short walk down a quiet street. There is a skate park and leash free dog park a short walk away and it's very close to stores so you can easily get supplies. We didn't need to eat out at all. Just picked up supplies at the superstore and the kitchen was fully equipped. There are also bbq's at each cottage and a common one available for motel use. We have stayed in motel rooms, cottages and condos and all were clean and comfortable. The owners are on site and are so friendly and helpful, they keep improving the property every time I come back. I absolutely love going there with my kids even on occasions when my husband can't make it because the kids love it so much I actually get to relax. They don't even want to leave the property. If you have older kids there are tons of close attractions for them. I highly recommend the Mermaid to everyone I meet. I wouldn't stay anywhere else and I can't say enough good things about The Mermaid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

WOW! My 4 year old daughter and I stayed here for one night, because my friend invited us up. First off I would like to say how amazing the owners of this resort are! They are very friendly and care a lot about the resort and the people staying here. My 4 year old daughter just loved Ivona to pieces. Her and her husband Graham are super nice! The pool and grounds are well taken care of and are always clean. Ivona is a garden genius, There is carved wood art pieces throughout the whole resort that it feels like you are staying at an exotic resort. Ivona cleans the rooms well into the evening. I even saw her wheel a vacuum right before it got dark. I would definitely stay here again without question! see you soon Ivona and Graham! Olivia says hi!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife, 12yr old son and I just came back from this beauty spot. It's better than ever. Located at beach 5 area a very quiet and perfectly clean and great beach a very short distance from the hectic beach 1 area, but far enough to be just absolutely perfect , the beach is not so over crowded and is very clean and regularly patrolled, it's the perfect location. The owners are a husband and wife team and they are cordial, kind and considerate to all guests from what I witnessed, over our three night stay in one of their motel rooms with two double beds, not the greatest quality of mattress, but did the trick. The room is quite spacious being that it's a motel room. With a smallish T.V. but a full bathroom, I would suggest that the owners update the beds to two queen beds the next time they update the mattresses as there is more than enough room for two queens in room #6. But I digress, the place has all the perks that you and your family will need, a nice sized salt water pool that's only 4ft8" deep in the deep end, and a beautiful surrounding deck with all the lounges and chairs that you'll need to lay out and just chill by the pool for the day if you wish. It's literally a 5 minute or less walk down 38th street north directly along side of the motel to the fantastic beach 5. All other places such as restaurants, shopping gas stations and grocery stores are 2-3 minutes drive away. I probably should not be giving this review as I'll most likely screw myself over down the road for getting vacancy at this place, but I just had to share my experience. It's somewhat of a no frills with respect to room toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash(they're not provided). Basic bath, hand towels and bar soap are provided along with toilet paper, but be ready to buy the rest such as shampoo, conditioner and mouthwash( this is not the Hilton folks) but a very, very nice and relaxing place to say the least. And the prices are not too bad as well. They have two gas B.B.Q. grills that are like new or at least kept to look that way, complimentary gas is provided for them as well so Que on my friends Que on!
My family and I will definitely be returning next summer and most likely for a much longer period as well. God Bless and happy travels and eats folks!

Room Tip: They're all great rooms, but rooms along the side of the motel are slightly quieter than the one...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court? Share your experiences!