“A Hidden Gem in Wasaga Beach!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court
You added Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court to your Saves list
1600 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, Ontario L0L 2P0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Wasaga Beach B&B and Inns
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A Hidden Gem in Wasaga Beach!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

WOW! My 4 year old daughter and I stayed here for one night, because my friend invited us up. First off I would like to say how amazing the owners of this resort are! They are very friendly and care a lot about the resort and the people staying here. My 4 year old daughter just loved Ivona to pieces. Her and her husband Graham are super nice! The pool and grounds are well taken care of and are always clean. Ivona is a garden genius, There is carved wood art pieces throughout the whole resort that it feels like you are staying at an exotic resort. Ivona cleans the rooms well into the evening. I even saw her wheel a vacuum right before it got dark. I would definitely stay here again without question! see you soon Ivona and Graham! Olivia says hi!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife, 12yr old son and I just came back from this beauty spot. It's better than ever. Located at beach 5 area a very quiet and perfectly clean and great beach a very short distance from the hectic beach 1 area, but far enough to be just absolutely perfect , the beach is not so over crowded and is very clean and regularly patrolled, it's the perfect location. The owners are a husband and wife team and they are cordial, kind and considerate to all guests from what I witnessed, over our three night stay in one of their motel rooms with two double beds, not the greatest quality of mattress, but did the trick. The room is quite spacious being that it's a motel room. With a smallish T.V. but a full bathroom, I would suggest that the owners update the beds to two queen beds the next time they update the mattresses as there is more than enough room for two queens in room #6. But I digress, the place has all the perks that you and your family will need, a nice sized salt water pool that's only 4ft8" deep in the deep end, and a beautiful surrounding deck with all the lounges and chairs that you'll need to lay out and just chill by the pool for the day if you wish. It's literally a 5 minute or less walk down 38th street north directly along side of the motel to the fantastic beach 5. All other places such as restaurants, shopping gas stations and grocery stores are 2-3 minutes drive away. I probably should not be giving this review as I'll most likely screw myself over down the road for getting vacancy at this place, but I just had to share my experience. It's somewhat of a no frills with respect to room toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash(they're not provided). Basic bath, hand towels and bar soap are provided along with toilet paper, but be ready to buy the rest such as shampoo, conditioner and mouthwash( this is not the Hilton folks) but a very, very nice and relaxing place to say the least. And the prices are not too bad as well. They have two gas B.B.Q. grills that are like new or at least kept to look that way, complimentary gas is provided for them as well so Que on my friends Que on!
My family and I will definitely be returning next summer and most likely for a much longer period as well. God Bless and happy travels and eats folks!

Room Tip: They're all great rooms, but rooms along the side of the motel are slightly quieter than the one...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place I have ever stayed with my family! Very clean and well maintained property. The cottage we stayed in was amazingly equipped with everything we could ask for! We are definitely going back and recommend this resort to everyone!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Ktichener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Mermaid and we loved it! The rooms were so clean (you could actually smell the fabric softner in the sheets!) and well equipped, kitchens have cookware, dishes, mugs, glasses, utensils and BBQ sets. The pool and pool area were very clean and had a great tropical feel with tiki umbrellas. The beach is a 5 mins walk down the road (quiet end of the beach), if you want to go to beach by the strip, it's 5 mins by car. We would've stayed longer but time didn't permit.

We enjoyed our stay so much, we have recommended it to family and friends and are already looking forward to next year, when we can come for a week!

Thanks for the great hospitality, Iwona!
Heather

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed for a week the last two summers now and we absolutely love everything about this wonderful place !!! Great host Graham&ivona !!! Super clean, great rooms, Atmosphere, friendly family Orientated and relaxing by the salt water pool !!! Just a real gem and amazing host/people !!! 5 star in our opinion !!! Enjoy !!!

• Stayed August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've been attending vacation stay here for four years in a row. I like the exceptional friendly service. The stay is a five minute walk to the beach, winter options, close to trails and ski hill; saltwater pool warm and nice selection of pool music. the rooms I've stayed in are clean. Lovely art by local artist around property. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding, our group pretty much took over the place. There are several cottages, condo's plus a motel. I stayed in a 3 bedroom cottage with my siblings and my parents were in a 2 bedroom condo with friends, I didn't see the motel rooms, so I can't comment on them. The cottages/condos were SO cute, and comfortable. They are fully equiped with a full kitchen and cooking supplies (pots/dishes/cutlery/etc), you just need to bring your drinks and food - there are BBQs everywhere. And if you don't feel like cooking, there is a great restaurant a block away that is really good with the same personal service - Barcelos.

This place is not right on the beach, but it is only a short walk away. The pool area here is REALLY nice. The deck is gorgeous and there is a lot of space for chairs and lounges.

The owners here really make the place - you feel right at home :)

One tip - bring your towels....the towels provided were really thin and about the size of a golf towel. Other than that, I have no complaints, I loved it here and would go back again.

Room Tip: Loved the cottages for the privacy they provide vs sharing a wall with someone.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court? Share your experiences!