“In the midst of the action” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Lakeview Motel
Save Saved
You added Lakeview Motel to your Saves list
44 Mosley St., Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Peterborough, Canada
“In the midst of the action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

When traveling to Wasaga Beach, you want to stay in the heart of the action and the Lakeview offers you just that. A few steps from the beach and shopping on the strip or a short stumble to the liquor store. The rooms are what you'd expect from a "spring break" destination. Nothing fancy, but there's a bar fridge, A/C, solid bed and a TV. We paid $125 for the night walking up on a Sunday of a long weekend. We often stay at the Villa Nova across the street but now we have another option when bookings are elusive.

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Whitefish, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels near the beach in Wasaga and I was pleasantly surprised by this one. (have stayed at some sketchy places in this area) The rooms were clean, the lady at the front desk was very nice to us and housekeeping, although they didn't do anything in our room, was very pleasant and asked us if we needed anything. We spent two nights, just my adult daughter and I, and we found the location perfect. The pool was open, and although we didn't use it, other guests did. We were there on a long weekend, so there were some parties going on, but they did not bother us. I was surprised at how we didn't hear them once we were in our room. I wouldn't recommend this as a family hotel however, but I would stay there again. My daughter and her boy friend plan on staying here in August as well.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

... Good price. Thought it was a steal because of how close to the beach we were BUT total opposite. I have never seen a room as filthy and gross as this one. There were spider webs everywhere ! Bugs flying over my head. Pillow cases blankets were also stained and reeked. Me and my friend left the hotel at 4 am and drove to the town and stayed at the holiday inn. We couldn't sleep from all the buzzzzing over our heads. Returned the next day to get our money back we showed the recipt Abd said her room was filthy we couldnt stay in it she started cussing and giving us the finger. I did get my money back buutt I just got my credit card statement in and she charged me 70$ after she gave me back cash! I'll definitely be contacting someone! Do not stay here !!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Never again. Not a family motel! My husband and I went with our 2 small children. When we arrived and went to our room. Each time we had to pass a room with a bunch of people outside their room who are smoking weed. Try explaining that smell to your 4 yr old. Front desk is useless. Room is some what clean. No shampoo (bring your own), not coffee maker. There is a tea kettle, no tea bags. Shower was dirty. Music until 2 am. (I think we heard last call about 10 times in a dj voice). Guy give it a break, your not a Toronto club. At 4 am people talking loud outside our room. I got up and told them to leave. Someone on their review mention security. That's a joke. There was none. There is a post saying no guest. Well someone was sleeping in their car in the parking lot. Yelling in the morning between front desk and another guest swearing included. The only good thing was it is really near to beach 1. Really not a place to bring children. It is a place for young adults who like to party, smoke weed and no sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

The biggest issue is the lady who runs the hotel. We were placed directly across from the office which is also the house and no kidding we were stalked (lady who runs motel was looking out two doors and many windows glaring at us and yelling at us) all night. We were informed at midnight and NOT check-in that there are no guests allowed period. We were told numerous times we were not allowed to sit out on our balcony of our 200 dollar room, when we were in fact being quite quit.

You should also know that there is a locked gate and a security guard and have fun trying to get back into your room after your night out. Nice room and great location but not worth the hassel at all. We will be taking our money, business, and friends elsewhere next time. Where we will not have the nosiest, uptight old women we have ever met keeping tabs on us for the entire night. Now we know why this was one of the only hotels with rooms available for the long weekend, and very few guests. We were not the only ones that night that had these issues.

Room Tip: avoid this place all together
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
windsor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Worst experience I have ever had. Try to explain to your kids that they can't use the pool while there are a bunch of kids swimming in it. We were told it was the owners family. It is being run by a bunch of 20 year olds who are not even there. You have to call a cell phone number that they may or may not answer. There is a live band playing in the back of the parking lot until 2 a.m on the weekends.

We tried to cancel and get our money back and they wouldn't give it to us. We left our $220.00 and went and got a room in Barrie.

Used to be a nice motel with the old owners but I am telling you honestly do not stay at this motel. You will be really disapointed

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed at Lakeview for 6 nights. The rooms are not very clean. Our room happened to be right in-front of the pool which we could only look at but not use. We were 6 couples renting 3 rooms. We had to beg for toilet paper, had to empty our own garbage had to always go and ask for clean towels, they had no faceclothes. Of those 6 nights they came once to clean the floor in the room but they nevery cleaned the toilet or the bath, by the time we left the bath was getting really dirty. The only good thing was that the air conditioner was working. We had stayed at that hotel a few years ago and it was immaculate and we could use the pool. All I can say is we are 12 people who would not go back to that hotel because of the poor service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!