“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

(204) 320-4655
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 44 Restaurants in Steinbach
Cuisines: American, Thai, Contemporary, Canadian, Asian fusion
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Winnipeg
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My wife and I went to this charming and lovely restaurant for dinner one night after celebrating an occasion at an expensive fine dining restaurant the night before. I can say without hesitation that we much preferred the casual atmosphere, the friendly and attentive service, and the simple but delicious food of the Village Green over the expensive fine dining restaurant we went to the night before. The menu offered some interesting choices at reasonable prices and the desserts were sinfully good! We look forward to going back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Steinbach, Canada
“Okay food, Okay menu, and Okay service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

The Village Green's lunch menu is limited, and whenever the food comes, it is never up to par. However the breakfast menu has more variety, and often the food is good. One downside about the coffee is that they use "Coffee Mate" instead of real cream.
Overall atmosphere is nice, the wooden supports give the restaurant a natural and outdoors feel.
With all things considered, it is a pretty mediocar restaurant, however not all in all terrible

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Manitoba
“Best food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

When my wife and I want to treat ourselves in town, this is where we go!

I think it's a combination of the good and service that has won us over. For instance:
I absolutely LOVE their cross-trax poutine. I was disappointed one day when I saw that it was no longer on the menu. I asked our server about it, and she said they could whip up a batch for me. What more can I ask for?!?! The excellent food I want, even when it's not available. Just great!

The buffet is alright.
My wife thinks they've got the best chicken fingers around, and I would probably agree.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Still the best restaurant in Steinbach. The buffet is as fresh and hot a buffet that one will find anywhere. There meatballs are very good. All the food on the menu is very tasty and you always have the best view for dining around with a beautiful golf course as the back ground.

Steinbach, Canada
“One of the better restaurants in Steinbach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

One of the few licensed restaurants in Steinbach. (Though no draught beer - have to go to Sawney Bean's for that.) A nice building, and location on the golf course. Good food. One of the "fancier" restaurants in Steinbach.

• 4 of 5 stars Food