“Warm And Friendly Welcome Awaits” 5 of 5 stars

Maindee Bed and Breakfast
4 Park Road, Builth Wells LD2 3BA, Wales   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Builth Wells B&B and Inns
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Warm And Friendly Welcome Awaits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

A friendly welcome awaits from Lee & Jo, stayed here with my son while he was taking part in qualifying for the Junior Welsh Open that was taking part at the near by golf course. Very friendly people, very helpful with instructions on where to find shops, and places to eat, the greyhound which backs onto the Maindee in the next road has a very good menu and is a very short walk away. Secure and safe car parking for about 6 to 7 cars at the rear of the property, very comfortable rooms, free wifi which you have to pay for in other places, which meant I could FaceTime my autistic younger son at home so he didn't worry about us. Upstairs bathroom, downstairs shower room, we were early off before 7am, lee and Jo were up to do us bacon sandwiches, so we had more than just cereal and toast to walk around a golf course on, which they went out of their way to do and didn't have to, we're golfers and were looking for other courses to play, especialy in Wales, we want to go back to Builth and play the course again, because we both have scores to settle with the golf courses, lol. and we know where we will be staying, if your in Bulith, book the Maindee, the welcome is worth the three hour drive we made, thank you guys,the golf didn't workout to well, but you both were world number ones in our books

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, very clean and comfortable. Well worth a look. We had a very warm welcome and breakfast was excellent. We will call again if we are passing through. Our room was recently decorated and in a modern style.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I took my Mum for a much needed break in Builth, her old family home. I stayed in 'Maindee' many years ago when I was single, and boy, has it changed for the better...but then, I probably have too! We were made very welcome by Jo and Lee, a very nice couple. Rooms were bright, clean and very comfortable, and the breakfast was fab!. Ideally situated in the town, within walking distance of both amenities and wonderful scenery. Highly recommended, and we'll be back - if they can put up with us! Thanks folks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed there last august for night, very warm welcome upon arrival, rooms very clean, food was really nice, however when we had left, lee decided to phone me and say my daughters had taken the towels, he said is it ok to take the money off my credit card and i said ok, but after i had spoken to my daughters and checked there luggage. I decided to phome him back,i even said i would drive back to sort this out.but he said it doesny matter..... was he trying to pull a fast one ????????

• Stayed August 2013
Jo H, Owner at Maindee Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi Martin. I recall your stay last summer whilst you were en route to the rest of your break near the South Coast and the unfortunate phone call. Obviously, it’s frustrating for us when things go missing and as you say we made no charge for this. Despite this, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Really nice couple. Jo and Lee were really helpful and let me do my emails in the dining room! Very handy and will be back! I have business meetings in Builth Wells so this is an ideal location and handy for the town too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I really enoyed my stay at The Maindee. Jo and Lee are a really nice couple and really made me feel at home. Rooms are nice and clean, bed is comfortable, lots to choosed from on the telly, close to the town centre. What more do you need.

Recomended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Travelled to Builth to attend an engagement do at the Golf Club and opted for Maindee having read all the positive reviews. Room was ideal and nicely heated with a modern en-suite. Only grumble was lack of sockets, primarily in front of the mirror which made drying/straightening hair a little problematic! Very attentive hosts, for example we were offered fresh milk for the tea/coffee faciilites in the room and Jo was kind enough to give us a lift to the nearby Golf Club which was very much appreciated and really does go beyond the call of duty, especially on such a cold, icy night! Wishing Jo and Lee all the best!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Maindee Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!