“Longest distance Local” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Llanwrtyd Wells
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Longest distance Local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

People would not believe this is my favourite local. Why, because I live 30 miles away the other end of the 'devils staircase'. The reason this is my favourite 'local' is because on every occassion that I have been there the satisfaction has been the same. The barman/owner is very friendly and helpful as are all of the staff and also the local customers. There is the good atmosphere of a well run pub/hotel and the selection/ availability of meals is very good as is the service. I have not used the hotel side of this establishment but the pub side is a very pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The whole point of a pub is enjoyment and this place has the formulae just right. As I have said about some other places when the staff are willing everything else falls into place.Well Done.!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed 2 nights arriving on the Friday and going home on the Sunday. When we arrived the open fire in the main bar was a real welcome as were the owners and we quickly settled down with a pint of guinness. The next day we went walking in the hills after eating a fabulous English breakfast. On request packed lunches were made for us and our flasks were filled with tea. We had a lovely day and our return we sat in the bar and had a chicken Jalfrazi curry, which I would highly recommend. On Sunday morning we went walking again after another great breakfast of crossiants and coffee. When we came back we had a 3 course Sunday lunch in the main restaurant, which was delicious. Overall the hotel was very comfortable and clean and the owners were very friendly and worked hard make our stay enjoyable. We will definitely be going back and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights so I could do the Real Ale Wobble. The room was very well appointed, clean and with one the most comfy hotel beds we've had. The breakfast was just right with plenty to choose from and the evening meal was equally tasty. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was somewhere to safely lock up my mountain bike. They also allow dogs although we didn't take ours on this occasion. Really good value for money and we would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent , England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and couldnt have asked for any more, the welcome from the owners was very warm and friendly, they couldnt do enough to ensure our stay was comfortable. The breakfast was great as was the choice, value, quality of the food we had during the evening in the restaurant. This is definately value for money in a quiet place with attractions and towns not to far away, The rooms have just been upgraded with a really comfy bed with a good thick quilt very clean and tidy. We would definately return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went on a girls weekend and had a ball. The staff are incredibly friendly and made us feel very welcome. The food is varied and excellent. Our room was a twin room which had recently been updated and the bed was sooo comfy and the quilt lovely and thick and all lovely and clean. We visited at the beginning of November when it was cold and we did have snow and the bar has a lovely open fire. The locals were also very friendly and I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay every month with group of friends . We are always made welcome by the staff and the locals the food is always brilliant and they are very accommodating s one of the group has dietary needs. I always have the same room which is room 16 in the annex which is very comfortable and I always look forward to my trip every month. I would recommend this hotel to my friends if they want a quiet break. They are very accommodating as we hold a meeting there and their is always tea and coffee on tap for us. i wish the young couple all the best in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went to the Wales Rally this year and managed to pick a room up at the Belle View for £25...which worried me slightly, but thought what the heck - I'm on my own and going to watch some cars!
I was greeted warmly by the owner, who took me to my room, which was small, but that is what I had paid for but was very clean and had its own en suite...
I went to the bar and had their rump steak...the only place I have seen a piece of steak bigger was in the US...it was collosal! The beer was reasonably priced and they showed the Rugby...
All the staff were friendly as were the locals.
If you are going to mid/south wales for the WRC I strongly recommend this pub to stay in. 10/10.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Belle Vue Hotel? Share your experiences!